[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Am sure we never passed him ,but he came from behind ? So how does that work?

Overslept and started late? Anyways, very keen to hear the outcome of the cheater hunt. Captivating stuff.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am sure we never passed him ,but he came from behind ? So how does that work?

I do not think that was him you saw, Pikey. He woud not have had a podium finish in his group then. Remember CL started way after the vets and he cheated to win there.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I do not think that was him you saw, Pikey. He woud not have had a podium finish in his group then. Remember CL started way after the vets and he cheated to win there.

not implying that at all,just curious. Didn't give it a 2nd thought during the race. And bedside he did a bit of work of front so wasn't trying to hide away. Merely just an observation .

not implying that at all,just curious. Didn't give it a 2nd thought during the race. And bedside he did a bit of work of front so wasn't trying to hide away. Merely just an observation .

Just curious.

won't it help if the timing companies start looking at placing more than just on sensor mat down... aka 2 one at 1/2 way or even maybe 3 or 4... to get sub timings, might help with some of this... In addition to being awesome in showing splits timing.

G

If you're going to cheat, do it properly ! Don't get a podium result !!

The guys racing all know who is in the group and who is racing who. And will know where they ended at the finish. Especially in a race like Sun where the wind caused havoc. The VC bunch was only about 12 guys at the end. So would all know if Mohammed was in the bunch or ahead of the bunch.

And let me tell you, the prize money for placing basically covers your entry. So not worth cheating for that.

So maybe it's just for bragging rights. But still strange how one claims for a prize that you didn't receive.

Cheats like this are no different to doping cheats. Still a cheat. Should get a ban !!

Just curious.

won't it help if the timing companies start looking at placing more than just on sensor mat down... aka 2 one at 1/2 way or even maybe 3 or 4... to get sub timings, might help with some of this... In addition to being awesome in showing splits timing.

G

I hear it's quite expensive to organise that. Only the big races have them and the very long ones, the One Tonners, Two Oceans, DC (because of the neutral zones), etc. Perhaps we should just have one timing company and decrease the costs, but we know monopoly doesn't work that way.

... This was Racetec... I doubt they were running more than one even for the day...

At some point buying a second or 2nd and 3rd set of matts, sure will be expensive. but over time that cost is recovered.

Racetec is already the primary timing company, used by the BIG events, and to set it up at a 2nd location or a 3rd... 1 person per location extra, + mtb, + laptop,

G

I hear it's quite expensive to organise that. Only the big races have them and the very long ones, the One Tonners, Two Oceans, DC (because of the neutral zones), etc. Perhaps we should just have one timing company and decrease the costs, but we know monopoly doesn't work that way.

... This was Racetec... I doubt they were running more than one even for the day...

At some point buying a second or 2nd and 3rd set of matts, sure will be expensive. but over time that cost is recovered.

Racetec is already the primary timing company, used by the BIG events, and to set it up at a 2nd location or a 3rd... 1 person per location extra, + mtb, + laptop,

G

they ran two for us, one at the start and one at the finish, meaning 6 mats in total.

We never required another mat at halfway because it adds to the cost. Perhaps now we need to consider it for future events.

Hi Gerald.

I"m thinking not only to prevent this... but also think F1 cars, bikes etc. We cyclist is all about data, for us and the people that's having around the start, how awesome can it be to show what the standing were at 1/2 ways...

G

they ran two for us, one at the start and one at the finish, meaning 6 mats in total.

We never required another mat at halfway because it adds to the cost. Perhaps now we need to consider it for future events.

Perhaps you only need another mat on the additional loop that the elites/Vets etc do?

I think a big problem with mats out on the route is cars going over it? Start/Finish is closed to traffic. Not sure if that's an issue, Just wondering.

That is probably the biggest issue.

No more mats needed...Strava is your friend. Yes I know the response will be I'm not on Strava. It's free and it will identify cheats so why not use it?

As I am sure most of us get the emails from cycle events. I see the 3 day MTB event at Sondela coming up soon is a strava timed event. It actually says so on the event details.

No Strava No time No result :lol: