OUTSurance knocks cyclist

G-J

Outsurance settled after having read the post and the lady telling them they were unethical and morally wrong.

case closed.

Edited by G-J

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outsurance are bullies. They want you to be intimidated b the law and not pursue it. They tried it with a friend of mine.

Go at them with everything you can harness, and point them to the fact that they have either twisted the facts themselves, or their client did.

But please don't let them get away with this.

if you are insured then let your insurance pursue the matter with her insurance(they will cut a deal between them).

if you are uninsured then this is the standard tactic used by insurers to not pay people who are not their client.

I would seek legal advice as litigation is probably your only recourse and you cannot sue the driver as she is represented by her insurer

a bit of future advice - take out phone switch on video camera and get driver to admit fault :whistling: it really helps later and always report the accident to the police so your story is on record later

Edited by bikebloke

I am insured and have the admission in writing. Doesnt seem to bother them much. Her admission is in the police report. She has been really good about it. not at all her story, completely an OUTsurance account of the event. 

Edited by G-J

then contact your insurance company - believe it that your insurance don't want to pay for your bike if they can get outsurance to pay instead .

"insurance is like keeping a rabid pet dog in your house that you hate and resent feeding .....it is however very useful to keep the other rabid dogs out of your house - anonymous

Edited by bikebloke

if you are insured then let your insurance pursue the matter with her insurance(they will cut a deal between them).

if you are uninsured then this is the standard tactic used by insurers to not pay people who are not their client.

I would seek legal advice as litigation is probably your only recourse and you cannot sue the driver as she is represented by her insurer

No, not so. OP's cause of action lies against the driver. Of course he can sue her, provided that he has not subrogated the claim.

My girlfriend had a similar issue with Outsurance awhile back, she was leaving work and had just got out the gate when she had to brake as another car cut her off and one of her colleagues rear ended her. He admitted liability and they submitted a claim directly to Outsurance for her damage. Outsurance came up with a story that he was not at fault claiming their client had in fact braked but the road been in poor condition and this was a cause of him not been able to stop, telling her that she could pursue it with the city roads department for damage. She submitted her claim to her own insurers and surprise, Outsurance paid up without any delay. 

Moral is if Outsurance believe they can shaft you, they will. 

Edited by scotty

As soon as you admit liability, your insurer can reject all cover as you then take away their options for apportionment of the blame. I suspect thats probably what happened here. As she immediately admitted guilt (regardless of what happened) Out probably rejected her claim and indirectly your claim against them too.(the clause is usually under general exclusions or the your responsibility section of the policy wording)

• 2 weeks later...

......... sporting a funky limp, and with one hell of a story! Do i really need to trouble my insurers for being T-boned by a Hyundai?? :cursing:

Well, you know what they say; "You always get something out!''