[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Just me, or was there no split time sticker in the race pack this year? I found it so useful in previous years.

Guess I'll just print my own.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said - I was looking at Cape Point on Windguru not Cape Town.

Anyway, good luck to everyone sailing riding, see you on the start line!

Seems like it's going to be "plain sailing"

Team DJR fully assembled. All here, full house, all ready, well, maybe not quite ready. The 78 year old seems to be the best prepared this year. Retirement gives you time to train! The 16 and 18 year olds are in the middle of a test series, so only thinking maths and Afrikaans at the moment. They also have no idea where their timing chips are. I found one on the bike, where it has been since last year. Had a lovely dinner together, drank a glass, OK, a few glasses of wine together. Talked wind, temperature, tactics and decided that we don't really care what the weather does, we do our own thing and enjoy it anyway! I'll ride with DJR senior, who knows how many chances I still have to do that. The boys are looking for excuses to do the same, being a tad under-trained. One said he's worried his grandfather might drop him.......I think not, but that would make for a good story! Can't wait! Still working tomorrow. Will probably only manage to get to the Expo on Saturday.

Awesome!

Lllooooots of riders out this morning soaking in the Atlantic Seaboard. Such a beautiful morning.

Rode through the traffic like a fishy on my motorbike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

So who has ridden the 2009 Argus? The one where all the portaloos blew over, some with people inside as well

That was my first.

Don't think the wind prediction this Sunday will be half as bad of that  :whistling:  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Hi,

I am looking for a reliable lift for my new Jack Russel puppy form Bloem to Stbsch/Cape Town. I know it is a VERY  :offtopic: request, but I am a bit desperate to get the little one here!!!

Cheers 

Burger

Hi,

I am looking for a reliable lift for my new Jack Russel puppy form Bloem to Stbsch/Cape Town. I know it is a VERY  :offtopic: request, but I am a bit desperate to get the little one here!!!

Cheers 

Burger

How did it run all the way to Bloem?

Why are we fascinated by the weather predictions so much...? Maybe because it prepares you mentally for what is coming and you can adjust to the reality that the winds are going to blow you over from the start of the race, instead of only getting that realization on the startline.

Do you guys suggest one pitches with a proper windbreaker at the startline? 17°C at 36km/h could get chilly on the skin very quickly...?

post-27827-0-98604300-1489133935_thumb.png

post-27827-0-81619000-1489133937_thumb.png

post-27827-0-30654600-1489133939_thumb.png

Why are we fascinated by the weather predictions so much...? Maybe because it prepares you mentally for what is coming and you can adjust to the reality that the winds are going to blow you over from the start of the race, instead of only getting that realization on the startline.

Do you guys suggest one pitches with a proper windbreaker at the startline? 17°C at 36km/h could get chilly on the skin very quickly...?

Nah, you will heat up quickly

So who has ridden the 2009 Argus? The one where all the portaloos blew over, some with people inside as well

Yeah, I rode that one. Very interesting experience...