Amateur 3D Printing

Schmorglebot

Something nifty to play with is this GPX -> STL converter i discovered yesterday. If you want to custom 3D print a GPX file with elevation accentuated for one of your rides off strava: https://gpxtruder.xyz/

I would merge this onto a base plate with labels and descriptions etc similar to this Nurbugring 3D print.

nurburg.webp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jensie said:

Anybody that can print a wahoo elemnt roam tether cover? Cant find anybody in my town that can assist.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3807421

Ive just added 5 to my printer to be printed ― fairly quick print, 32mins.

Will see how they come out (my printer isn't very dialled in 🤦🏼‍♂️) and let you know 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Finch6 said:

Ive just added 5 to my printer to be printed ― fairly quick print, 32mins.

Will see how they come out (my printer isn't very dialled in 🤦🏼‍♂️) and let you know 👍🏼

Thank you...😁

54 minutes ago, Jensie said:

Thank you...😁

Ok, so I need to do a little work on my printer 😂😂

I'll let you know when its sorted if someone else hasn't printed for you already 👍🏼

On 5/8/2024 at 4:20 PM, Finch6 said:

Ok, so I need to do a little work on my printer 😂😂

I'll let you know when its sorted if someone else hasn't printed for you already 👍🏼

Thank you....

On 5/5/2024 at 11:45 AM, Fleming said:

Made a bracket to mount my bell at 90 degrees so the button thing is easier to reach. Doesn't even use any extra screws. 

IMG_20240505_114115.jpg.3ce34a88e559d75632c695863e51f19b.jpg

Now THIS is something I want!!! where can I get the design files :D

Does anyone have a file for the Syncros stem cap/ cover?
I have the printer but no file i've been looking everywhere.

288120-syn-stem-dc-3-1669981.jpg

stem-cap-scott-mtb-xc22-290059.jpg

On 4/11/2024 at 9:30 AM, Kom said:

Something nifty to play with is this GPX -> STL converter i discovered yesterday. If you want to custom 3D print a GPX file with elevation accentuated for one of your rides off strava: https://gpxtruder.xyz/

I would merge this onto a base plate with labels and descriptions etc similar to this Nurbugring 3D print.

nurburg.webp

image.png.8eeddf5f049a7cff629c7a4a7f6510ba.pngPrinted this for a fellow hubber - turned out okish - lmk if there are hubbers out there that want something similar for an event they've done - the idea is to mount this in a picture frame.

image.png.12ae0dacf3778f2733dea44d7cc4baf2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there hubbers. 

Campagnolo have discontinued this 11 speed Super Record model. The tail of the front detailer is made of plastic (which seems to be a design flaw) as it breaks easily. 

I need 3 printed, so I can have 1 as a spare. 

Is there anyone out there who can assist? Or can point me in the right direction. 

IMG-20240527-WA0020.jpeg

Hardest part is scanning/drawing the piece in CAD. If you've got that sorted I'll print them for you and you just need to pay for a pudo/whatever to get it to you. If not it becomes a little more tricky, could still help if you want to go to the mission/effort of sending the part to me, letting me draw and print, and then I send it back, but I would ask for a bit of compensation, money or bike parts, as that takes a little more time.

There are quite a few shops/services nowadays that will do printing for you, and for a small part like that it should be cheap, maybe check and see if any of them have those fancy 3d scanners? (just google 3d printing service)

18 hours ago, ZamaK said:

Hi there hubbers. 

Campagnolo have discontinued this 11 speed Super Record model. The tail of the front detailer is made of plastic (which seems to be a design flaw) as it breaks easily. 

I need 3 printed, so I can have 1 as a spare. 

Is there anyone out there who can assist? Or can point me in the right direction. 

IMG-20240527-WA0020.jpeg

You could also DIY this part with a paper clip and some carbon tow/yarn from Temu. Make a loop in the clip on the bolt side and bolt it in place then bend the clip to the correct shape and superglue it to carbon on other side. Wrap the clip and carbon side of derailleur with carbon and resin till slightly larger than original then file/dremil etc into shpeand correct angle.

8 hours ago, Barry said:

You could also DIY this part with a paper clip and some carbon tow/yarn from Temu. Make a loop in the clip on the bolt side and bolt it in place then bend the clip to the correct shape and superglue it to carbon on other side. Wrap the clip and carbon side of derailleur with carbon and resin till slightly larger than original then file/dremil etc into shpeand correct angle.

Interesting suggestion indeed... Will explore it.