Cradle Incident: Know this cyclist?

Mojoman

He does look vaguely familiar....serious.Ask Pam from Valverde.She knows all that is MTB in the area and he looks like a MTBer

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 sides to every story, as ever......

Residents vs cyclists, especially as 947 approaches? 

I rode in the Cradle yesterday, which I don't normally do at this time of year, and it's a circus that would test anyone's patience......

I also rode the Cradle yesterday, but MUCH later. Only came across a couple of cyclists. Can't stand it there early with the 947 looming so I generally avoid it. People seem to lose all sense that time of year.

I usually only ride back through the Cradle on the way home around mid-morning - I live opposite Valverde - and after having mixed it up with trucks etc out in the N14, Magalies, Tartlon area, the Cradle feels like you've arrived in the middle of a fun ride!

Dare I say it, that your 'average' Cradle rider, at this time of year, could do with some time in traffic to appreciate what the Cradle truly offers. But us humans, tend to not appreciate what we've got, until it's taken away from us.....  

Not sure, but this may be related to the incident on the long downhill to the Lion Park, in which a dark coloured SUV knocked a cyclist?

There was a helluva commotion going on, the cyclist - as usual - claiming he had every right to be outside the cycle lane (he was), and the motorist claiming that he moved out of the lane in front of her and she had nowhere to go as there was oncoming traffic.

She was right imo. At the time I was there, the cyclist was behaving like a real d@@s, screaming and throwing stuff around like a spoilt child. There didn't appear to be any injuries, and I left before it concluded. I had better things to do than get involved with that nonsense.

I just checked my Garmin, it was at 9.01am, about 2ks before the Lion Park

Edited by Falco

Not sure, but this may be related to the incident on the long downhill to the Lion Park, in which a dark coloured SUV knocked a cyclist?

There was a helluva commotion going on, the cyclist - as usual - claiming he had every right to be outside the cycle lane (he was), and the motorist claiming that he moved out of the lane in front of her and she had nowhere to go as there was oncoming traffic.

She was right imo. At the time I was there, the cyclist was behaving like a real d@@s, screaming and throwing stuff around like a spoilt child. There didn't appear to be any injuries, and I left before it concluded. I had better things to do than get involved with that nonsense.

I just checked my Garmin, it was at 9.01am, about 2ks before the Lion Park

IOW he was a MTBer on the tar?

Serves him right..

Just go early, not much cars, fewer cyclists by 9am am almost home!... so avoid all the chaos which will only get worse in the run up to the 94.7

I've started going late, like 18:00. You need good lights, but I'm loving it. Very little traffic. Just be aware that the local's dogs like to chase you at night here: https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/26%C2%B000'25.6%22S+27%C2%B045'09.6%22E/@-25.9972321,27.7686925,13.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d-26.007119!4d27.752655?hl=en  It's fairly easy to out run them, but it sure gets your heart pumping!

Edited by GaryvdM

I've started going late, like 18:00. You need good lights, but I'm loving it. Very little traffic. Just be aware that the local's dogs like to chase you at night here: https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/26%C2%B000'25.6%22S+27%C2%B045'09.6%22E/@-25.9972321,27.7686925,13.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d-26.007119!4d27.752655?hl=en It's fairly easy to out run them, but it sure gets your heart pumping!

Those worsies?? Haha, they have chased me a few times!! Luckily my bike was cheaper than theirs and I could out run them!