Introducing the Zipp 454 NSW carbon clincher

News bot

Those are the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a bike! For all of 2 watts saving? I rather have the normal fc or enves and shave my legs!

Do you know that for example velcro is based on bio mimicry? Is that not a very usefull invention? Why not bring this form of invention to cycling?

Please get educated on the matter before you make stupid comments.

It's still marketing I'm afraid

"Making use of our NSW-exclusive Cognition hubset, 454 NSW rolls efficiently whether you are pedalling or coasting."

I think this feature came standard on my 2014 Giant Anthem, because I definitely feel my wheels roll efficiently whether I'm pedalling or coasting. Zipp stealing technology from Giant?...

"Making use of our NSW-exclusive Cognition hubset, 454 NSW rolls efficiently whether you are pedalling or coasting."

I think this feature came standard on my 2014 Giant Anthem, because I definitely feel my wheels roll efficiently whether I'm pedalling or coasting. Zipp stealing technology from Giant?...

Its ludicrous cr@p isn't it. Wonder who writes it for them...

Only time will tell if we'll be looking back at these saying "what were we thinking?" 

Exactly what I was thinking. Will it be another case like the hundreds before it where it was claimed to be the best thing to happen to a design only for it to be ditched completely. The mountain bike industry in particular had a ton of those over time. Anyone remember the Tioga MTB disk wheels?

I had a few more sleeps since the release of this new hoop

Tried to give it a more consideration

It ain't pretty

Not for me ????

Won't get used to it

Edited by 'Dale

I had a few more sleeps since the release of this new hoop

Tried to give it a more consideration

It ain't pretty

Not for me ????

Won't get used to it

I am a HUGE Zipp fan.  But I have to agree......not my thing....I'll be slower on my conventional wheels but I'll look faster.  ;)

:thumbup:  :whistling:

Its pretty interesting to see that whenever a new product has been released every hubber suddenly has an advanced engineering / aerodynamics degree :whistling:  :ph34r:

I think they look cool and based on the videos explaining how they work it makes sense.

But 65K for a set of wheels is a k@kload of money.