The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't speculate till at least 3/4's of the distance has passed personally

Yup, Crusher was doing his thing in the last one and looked unbeatable until he had all those stomach problems. Same thing for a few other riders.

Late game is what counts in these races.

Agree, but you have to be in a place to be able to make a move.

So I'd say, without someone falling apart the top 5 in the last 25% is probably a good bet...

G

Yup, Crusher was doing his thing in the last one and looked unbeatable until he had all those stomach problems. Same thing for a few other riders.

Late game is what counts in these races.

Is Vaughn never planning on taking a breather?

I'm guessing he might be wanting to keep ahead. quite a downer to rock up to the transition and the guy ahead has already left.

My thinking might be flawed, but for every 30 km Vaughn has in the bag,  he can sleep an hour, before anyone can possibly catch up to him . .. 

Been looking at their average speeds and the guys that are resting have the higher average. Think Vaughn (as much as the guy has become my hero) may burn himself out!

My thinking might be flawed, but for every 30 km Vaughn has in the bag,  he can sleep an hour, before anyone can possibly catch up to him . .. 

Generally it is best to ride your own race, and only start playing mind games later in the course. Too many okes in the chasing pack anyway really.

(martin dreyer is legendary at this sort of thing, and can teach it well too as you might have seen with last year's race!!)

Is Kevin only resting to update his Instagram? :P

One thing is for sure, he is going to have one very interesting tan line on his left arm.

Archived