CWC - Not disapointed anymore. Warranty claim.

BernardG

Hi Hubber, Chris Jnr here

Man o man, never nice seeing a thread like this, especially if you know it's your own fault!

One of my salesman did bring this situation under my attention, and i spoke to Marc (our local rep from coolheat) on Wednesday, and was supposed to send their warranty department images of the wheels on Thursday!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!

Guess i was so nervous and distracted getting all my goods ready for wines2whales, but this is NO excuse!!!

I can only say sorry, this is no ones fault except MINE!!

Regarding all the rest of the issues..... i promise we'll work on it so we can make your shopping experience only better!

I really appreciate all the positive and negative responses, it can only help to improve our business!

Bernard, i'll sort u out tomorrow, and because of my SLOW REACTION IN SORTING THIS OUT....... 2 x CONTINENTAL GP4000 on the house for you!!!

Have a great evening all...... time to put some ice on these wounded legs!!!!

You could have made excuses (still awaiting response from suppliers etc) but took it straight on the chin instead, no lying, no excuses. Well done. Impressed.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man o man, never nice seeing a thread like this, especially if you know it's your own fault!

One of my salesman did bring this situation under my attention, and i spoke to Marc (our local rep from coolheat) on Wednesday, and was supposed to send their warranty department images of the wheels on Thursday!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!

Guess i was so nervous and distracted getting all my goods ready for wines2whales, but this is NO excuse!!!

Regarding all the rest of the issues..... i promise we'll work on it so we can make your shopping experience only better!

I really appreciate all the positive and negative responses, it can only help to improve our business!

Bernard, i'll sort u out tomorrow, and because of my SLOW REACTION IN SORTING THIS OUT....... 2 x CONTINENTAL GP4000 on the house for you!!!

This is why CWC have the following they do. Everybody makes mistakes and forgets something every now and then, all that most people want is some honesty and some accountability when it goes wrong.

Kudos to CWC for recognising their error and fixing the mess.

Edit: Spelling and half a missing sentence

Edited by madbradd

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!

And this is why CWC is my go to store even though I'm in the deep south.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!

I should also get a pair hey

Gave the opening poster some constructive advice

#justsayin'

:devil:

Edited by 'Dale

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!

Thanks for Chris, chat tomorrow. Recover well and have a good evening.

Bernard

Cwc didn't categorically say they will warranty them, just you get 2 free tyres and they'll get the pics off to cool heat?

Maybe it's just that they get soo many orders but I see a pattern of more and more disgruntled Cwc customers, the threads used to normally involve Buycycle or one of those Jhb places that never have stock of what is sold on their website and never reply to emails, now it's Cwc that's always in the poo.

I find it very disappointing not being given good service when things go pear shaped, your bike is put out of commission and then they make you feel like a crook taking a chance. Granted its not always like that but often shops will give you a proper run around and ignore any attempts at communication, so either you feel like a crook explaining every scratch or your head wants exploded because 2 weeks later and you are still none the wiser.

:(

Cwc didn't categorically say they will warranty them, just you get 2 free tyres and they'll get the pics off to cool heat?

Maybe it's just that they get soo many orders but I see a pattern of more and more disgruntled Cwc customers, the threads used to normally involve Buycycle or one of those Jhb places that never have stock of what is sold on their website and never reply to emails, now it's Cwc that's always in the poo.

I find it very disappointing not being given good service when things go pear shaped, your bike is put out of commission and then they make you feel like a crook taking a chance. Granted its not always like that but often shops will give you a proper run around and ignore any attempts at communication, so either you feel like a crook explaining every scratch or your head wants exploded because 2 weeks later and you are still none the wiser.

:(

Quite a generalised statement. I've been a hubber for sometime and don't agree with your observation. In fact my counter observation is that as the biggest retailer in SA, that I'm personally surprised they haven't had more complaints, which is testament to their excellent service.

In terms of expectations here, the issue is between the OP and Shimano, and how the distributor and retailer get him the warranty claim he seemingly deserves. Slandering CWC for a product they didn't design nor manufacture seems unfair.

If the claim is legit and they do swop/change the wheels this whole thing sounds to me like a staffing issue more than anything else. Yes he did bring it under the attention of the boss but still being in the field and reading the comments about it being a defect more than wear and tear (i  myself wont know) then a sales person in the field should have known better?

Quite a generalised statement. I've been a hubber for sometime and don't agree with your observation. In fact my counter observation is that as the biggest retailer in SA, that I'm personally surprised they haven't had more complaints, which is testament to their excellent service.

In terms of expectations here, the issue is between the OP and Shimano, and how the distributor and retailer get him the warranty claim he seemingly deserves. Slandering CWC for a product they didn't design nor manufacture seems unfair.

Kom,

I disagree with you.

In the online game, your reputation is everything.

You know what they say about how long it takes to build a reputation and how long it takes to destroy one?