The Classics

'Dale

5 hours ago, jcza said:

Jumbo Visma in Paris Roubaix

2022:
Laporte: Multiple Mechanicals (Including wheel breaking down)
Van Aert: 2x Mechanical (One on Arenberg)

2023:
Laporte: Mech. on Arenberg
Van Aert: 2x Mech. (One on Carrefour)

Time to question equipment instead of accepting it as bad luck?

Given they’ll at they both punctured coming off a cobbled sector, there was no team car with spare bikes. Phillipson got a bike swap so didn’t waste time like TJV did swapping wheels.

QR 2 - 0 ThruAxle

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I'm not sure if any non-Dutch person knows the Dutch national anthem better than WvA... bet he's heard it a good few times over the years.

.., that’s a low blow, I felt that as my fillings rattled. 😝🤪

Yeah, they had mechanical issues, I think they have available positions for the more mechanically inclined. I’m not sure what exactly went down but during last week we had discussed this nee tyre tech and would anybody use PR as a try run to test. This is why we will never know who was the strongest rider.  So many didn’t get a chance to shine…, I think the big losers was Ino boys. I think Sheffield carries a new team mascot as the only Rider to crash in every Classic 😅. Lots of sore bums today… and riding with no gloves, seems Tom Boonen sure left some benchmarks to a true classic winner! 👀 

20 minutes ago, betaboy said:

.., that’s a low blow, I felt that as my fillings rattled. 😝🤪

Yeah, they had mechanical issues, I think they have available positions for the more mechanically inclined. I’m not sure what exactly went down but during last week we had discussed this nee tyre tech and would anybody use PR as a try run to test. This is why we will never know who was the strongest rider.  So many didn’t get a chance to shine…, I think the big losers was Ino boys. I think Sheffield carries a new team mascot as the only Rider to crash in every Classic 😅. Lots of sore bums today… and riding with no gloves, seems Tom Boonen sure left some benchmarks to a true classic winner! 👀 

like they say, there's no space in the results column for comments...

still, if the strongest rider always won, then Tim Declerq would win everything probably

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

still, if the strongest rider always won, then Tim Declerq would win everything probably

… I think you’d have many entertaining conversations with Pascal Sergent on that one… 🤭😜

19 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Go for it. I listen to his podcast. 

The debate between the lads between WVA and MVdP. i appreciated the way it was all out and everyone got their word in with no offence and being worried about never getting an interview from either. Just feel too many journos walk on egg shels and are afraid to throw a grenade into the barn. 

10 hours ago, jcza said:

Jumbo Visma in Paris Roubaix

2022:
Laporte: Multiple Mechanicals (Including wheel breaking down)
Van Aert: 2x Mechanical (One on Arenberg)

2023:
Laporte: Mech. on Arenberg
Van Aert: 2x Mech. (One on Carrefour)

Time to question equipment instead of accepting it as bad luck?

First time, blame circumstances, second time look in the mirror. Cant remember where I got that from...

9 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

He is retiring at the end of the season.... But I get the feeling he clocked out a long time ago.

Why not let it go now and commentate. This is the Sagan I want to remeber, not have him wash out like Valentino Rossi. 

image.png.1e74c0e91f1034c613203241e141dbf0.png

3 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Man, that top line is cold but so honest. 

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Why not let it go now and commentate. This is the Sagan I want to remeber, not have him wash out like Valentino Rossi. 

Yeah I'm already starting to forget all those 2nd place finishers and only remembering him with DNFs 

🤭

10 hours ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Looks more like an index finger? Numero uno, maybe… pic not clear enough to be sure though. 

Look at the shadows around the knuckles… definitely giving the bird