The Classics

'Dale

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

TP has attacked from far out a few times and won, as recently as last week, and also on the white roads of Italy last year. If he can catch them by surprise, and not allow certain teams to dominate, then he’ll have a chance. 

Piddock is not riding . Was concussed so they resting him 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

“The easiest classic to race; the hardest classic to win…” 

One last lap on the Italian coast for this legend 💔

I really hope fairytales come true today and Sagan can upset the Pogacar applecart today

WVA didn't have the legs today, and booi was I impressed by Pipo Ganna following Tadej all the way up the Poggio!! 

VDP was just on a different level today, and generally prefer WVA winning over him, but today I think he rode well and deserved to win. Absolutely fantastic race.

Solo run-in on the Via Roma, wow. First Dutch winner in 4 decades. Teamwork makes the dreamwork with the team in blue with several finishers in he top 10.

Ganna, what a splendid 2nd position for the big guy.

This quartet was just a little better than the best of the rest. An almost anti-climactic finalè. 

5D9DEFEB-C277-442B-8725-613C9B8C4984.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

On 3/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, 'Dale said:

Solo run-in on the Via Roma, wow. First Dutch winner in 4 decades. Teamwork makes the dreamwork with the team in blue with several finishers in he top 10.

This quartet was just a little better than the best of the rest. An almost anti-climactic finalè. 

This attack after 300km yesterday makes me really think it’s a big shame he wasn’t able to race world champs… then again Remco was so far above the rest that day…

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Adjust your tyre choice and pressure for the cobbled Classics!

don't blink people... this is going to be a banger of a cobbles season...

I was noting to @Mamil how privileged we are to be witnessing such racing. Big names, little names, I'm finding the racing thrilling.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, 'Dale said:

I never would have betted that Ganna will outsprint WVA and Pogi in a 3-up sprint.  Strange things happens after 300km in the saddle...

This was so so so good - wind, rain, chill, grupettos and then a champion sprinter really demonstrating his athleticism

1 hour ago, Underachiever said:

I never would have betted that Ganna will outsprint WVA and Pogi in a 3-up sprint.  Strange things happens after 300km in the saddle...

we'd have gotten amazing odds on that...

watched some of the analysis on the last bit of the Poggio and how Alpecin forced WvA to work harder than he'd have liked, as well as VDP sitting on WvA making him close that last gap - smart team tactics that perhaps overcooked him a little, leaving the team leader to benefit, all the hile that was going on, Ganna was sitting on Pogacar, getting a nice tow, letting Pog bake himself nicely, while Pog himself was dreading getting to the line with VDP and seeing some nice white shoes disappear. again...