The Classics

'Dale

Anyone know what happened to the one car? Think it was TREK? The rear window was smashed.

It was a Jumbo-Visma car. Sporza were reporting that it stopped suddenly causing Tiesj Benoot to crash into it, smashing the window.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man.. Sep has the worst luck

Seeing that brought back memories of Uran having gear issues in TDF? and telling neutral service to "just stick it in the hardest gear" and then out sprinting the guys to win the stage. Anyone find out what the problem was or was he just trying to get a few "sticky bottles"?

It was a Jumbo-Visma car. Sporza were reporting that it stopped suddenly causing Tiesj Benoot to crash into it, smashing the window.

Thanks. Ouch, hope he is ok. Don't want another Girdlestone scenario.

EDIT: WVA almost crashed into a car as well during his solo chase. He had to do some cyclocross.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Seeing that brought back memories of Uran having gear issues in TDF? and telling neutral service to "just stick it in the hardest gear" and then out sprinting the guys to win the stage. Anyone find out what the problem was or was he just trying to get a few "sticky bottles"?

Rear derailleur was borked. Uran could only ride 53x11 or 39x11 

Thanks. Ouch, hope he is ok. Don't want another Girdlestone scenario.

Its fortunately not as bad as Keegan. Tiesj has a cracked collarbone but he is doing alright by the sounds of it.

Hope Van Avermaet says BIIIIIG sorry to his team, they did everything right all day and when it came down to him following the decisive move.. he sat up and hoped someone else covered the move..so he can follow them..didn't learn from last year.

I like GvA but you're dead right. He stuffed up big time.

Anyone know what happened to the one car? Think it was TREK? The rear window was smashed.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Wout actually crashed into the back of it, flew through the back window, then got up, straightened his own front wheel and rode back onto the bunch with his handlebars facing East.....

Philippe Gilbert's palmares:

World Champion

2xIl Lombardia

Ronde van Vlaanderen

Paris-Roubaix

Liege-Bastogne-Liege

4xAmstel Gold Race

2xOmloop Het Nieuwsblad

2xBrabantse Pijl

2xParis-Tours

Fleche Wallonne

Strade Bianche

Clasica San Sebastian

9 Grand Tour stages

Amazing..makes me think that he now probably is the best classics rider of this generation?? Can't really think of anybody that comes close to that? Valverde ,Tom and Cancelarra probably contenders?

The commentators spoke about Gilbert now having 3 of the big 4, still needing to win Milan - San Remo.  Along with Paris Roubaix what are the other two? Guessing that L-B-L must be one of them.....

The commentators spoke about Gilbert now having 3 of the big 4, still needing to win Milan - San Remo. Along with Paris Roubaix what are the other two? Guessing that L-B-L must be one of them.....

He has 4 of the 5 monuments.. only Milan-San Remo missing.

MONUMENTS

Milan-San Remo

FLANDERS

PR

LBL

IL Lombardia

Edited by Gen

The commentators spoke about Gilbert now having 3 of the big 4, still needing to win Milan - San Remo.  Along with Paris Roubaix what are the other two? Guessing that L-B-L must be one of them.....

Gilbert is the 6 monument.