The Classics

'Dale

No, I’m in Sestriere at present for another 3 days as we had a 3 week camp here for the Tour team, then I head to Dauphine and then the Tour. Hope my Bullterrier doesn’t attack me when I get home after the Tour and my wife doesn’t call the police when I walk in.

Wasn't your wife going to be going over there with you? A few months back you were asking for info on twitter about getting her over there iicr.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't your wife going to be going over there with you? A few months back you were asking for info on twitter about getting her over there iicr.

Yes she is here she has been since Feb. The issue with the post was about her residency and in typical fashion SA home affairs not delivering what we needed a year later after we were told 3 months. It’s sorted now and was about a week after that post and got some great help. I am truelly grateful. Lockdown also didn’t help but we took a gamble and it worked.

But being home only 8 days from 14 July - 21 September doesn’t help the dog situation ????

General question, because you'll no doubt know. What choices do these riders have in their gear? I've often wondered how much is dictated to them through sponsorship's and therefore boss's orders.

Frame make is obviously a given, can they choose a specific model? 

Can you choose your own shoe brand? I only wonder this because I can't be the only person with stupid wide feet out there...

Helmets I often see different models in a team, same brand obv.

Disk or rim brakes? 

Wheel make is sponsored, can they choose depths, widths?

Edit: Saddles?

sorry on this to add shoes are often personal unless like Quickstep you sponsored by Spez. So riders choose what they like and often do have personal custom shoes made where needed by DMT or whoever.

Saddles are personal but will have to run what the team is sponsored by but the shape and model will be for their fit.

Wheels - again team issues but you can always choose a 35, 45 etc depth as you want on the bike for that given day. 

Tyre pressure is also personal and often based on weight or aggressiveness of a rider and also temperature at the start and middle of the race.

sorry on this to add shoes are often personal unless like Quickstep you sponsored by Spez. So riders choose what they like and often do have personal custom shoes made where needed by DMT or whoever.

Saddles are personal but will have to run what the team is sponsored by but the shape and model will be for their fit.

Wheels - again team issues but you can always choose a 35, 45 etc depth as you want on the bike for that given day.

Tyre pressure is also personal and often based on weight or aggressiveness of a rider and also temperature at the start and middle of the race.

Nice one, thanks for the insights captain

MSR this weekend [emoji634]

Only 6 riders per team allowed

I saw that Bora lineup and kept on thinking to myself that I can't count...[emoji2356]

MSR this weekend

Only 6 riders per team allowed

Will the Poggio play a part?!

The new route is hard to call

Anyone caught the Milano-Torino? Saw WVA got 3rd and is on the start list for this weekend, has to be one of the favourites for this weekend.

Off topic but does anyone know if there is a thread discussing the Fabio Jakobsen crash? I can't seem to find anything on him or Tour de Pologne here on bikehub.

EDIT: Sorry found it.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Will the Poggio play a part?!

The new route is hard to call

The finalé is the same

Distance with a neutral zone could read 300 on some riders' Wahoooo  :eek:

I've got ExpressVNP running for the GCN App on my mobile. Have been trying access Eurosport with my VPN on my desktop but it seems to kill my connection dead and the site just hangs. At this rate I'll just load DSTV and sit back.

This is as far as I get... doesn’t go beyond here once I hit the Buy to Watch button.

f409bc75acdd40ed270c11b05f9c66fb.jpg

I managed to get it working and to be honest I think it did pretty well. I don't know how I bought the pass, just pressed loads of things then the Apple payment thing appeared, took my money and then wouldn't acknowledge it found about an hour. Oddly it presented the payments to me in Rands even though I was running a VPN to make it look like I was in the UK. So I tuned off the VPN and ran it normally and it was pretty good.

The reason I couldn’t see the payment options, was due to In-app Purchases being set to Don’t Allow. All sorted now, but will only pay once my one month with Eurosport is up. Will try GCN and see which is a better option, and then wait for Black Friday to see if there are any specials on an annual pass.

The finalé is the same

Distance with a neutral zone could read 300 on some riders' Wahoooo  :eek:

I meant more will it play a part in the new route with the super long descent coming down off the Colle di nava. That descent is almost 40km to the base of Cipressa.

Might allow someone to get away and stay away or will the bump and gradual roll allow it all to come together?

I hope it's spicy.

The reason I couldn’t see the payment options, was due to In-app Purchases being set to Don’t Allow. All sorted now, but will only pay once my one month with Eurosport is up. Will try GCN and see which is a better option, and then wait for Black Friday to see if there are any specials on an annual pass.

Have you guys tried TIZ? That's where I watch most of my cycling. No fussing, payment or VPN needed.

I meant more will it play a part in the new route with the super long descent coming down off the Colle di nava. That descent is almost 40km to the base of Cipressa.

Might allow someone to get away and stay away or will the bump and gradual roll allow it all to come together?

I hope it's spicy.

Spicy guaranteed ????

The racing will be very hard.

Fresh legs, determined riders craving for UCI points and hey, it’s a Monument

I’d bet on a front split of about 12 riders. ????

Have you guys tried TIZ? That's where I watch most of my cycling. No fussing, payment or VPN needed.

I have, and their signal stops from time to time - being an illegal broadcast.

I would prefer to support a legit source that does not charge excessively. The Eurosport annual pass is £39.99 (R920) which is the monthly cost for DStv.

I have, and their signal stops from time to time - being an illegal broadcast.

I would prefer to support a legit source that does not charge excessively. The Eurosport annual pass is £39.99 (R920) which is the monthly cost for DStv.

I had Eurosport for 2 years but there is precious little other than cycling here in Denmark. I was hoping to see some SA cricket and rugby but no dice. That and it is R3,300/year.

Maybe I'll pay month to month for the next 3 months - that's all I need this year! Thanks for the idea!

Edit: Fark. It's R4,300 a year. That is a little rough for a few months cycling.

Edited by Eldron