Hubber BDF down on Hendrik Potgieter

Formallyknownas

RIP...

This is a road I also ride a lot. Twice this week and also asked myself, why do I keep using this road.

That's it for me I reckon, unfortunately it is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The silly thing is that, apart from the dip before Cradlestone, for the most part it should be a really good road for bikes. It's flat, wide and open and has a yellow lane most of the way along it.

Terrible news. I ride it regularly on my way out to the cradle and have had a few close shaves, both times with young guys driving sports cars aggressively undertaking traffic in the yellow shoulder. Touch wood the taxis have only done odd things in front and you expect them, but between this and a guy getting taken out from behind by a taxi round the corner on Christian de Wet where I also ride frequently makes you pretty bleak for road riding.

Terrible.

This yellow line driving nonsense needs to stop.

Condolences to family of the rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silly thing is that, apart from the dip before Cradlestone, for the most part it should be a really good road for bikes. It's flat, wide and open and has a yellow lane most of the way along it.

Agreed but being flat wide and open invites some scary driving too. I've seen some seriously stupid sh*t along there lately.

Near Ruimsig and that Pick n Pay...terrible driving to say the least!

Condolences, so sad and sudden.

This makes me worry a lot about allowing my son to cycle on the open roads. He competes in XCO, and this time of the year he works on his base training, meaning lots of long rides, and unfortunately that will always involve lots of road cycling, unless someone can tell me how to get 100km rides in on a MTB from here. If only we had a better choice.

Too much lawlessness, too little enforcement. Rules of the road need to protect cyclists more. In USA (in some states) you face stiff fines upwards of $3500 if you hit a cyclist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk