[Event] The 99er Cycle Race 2017

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Eish, Karman

Hoping you'll recover ?

There'll be lots of Vissers Walkers today

And Odendaal

Hope everybody gets in okay under the D Ville ☀

Thanks Dale, ice and rest hope for the best!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so the racetec results are up... but i don't have a result  :mellow:   checked on racetec app and it only shows that i crossed the start line.  feels like a waste of 102km and bloody vissershok.

Felt so sorry for the lady that crashed on vissershok road. I hope she recoveres before the epic.

so the racetec results are up... but i don't have a result :mellow: checked on racetec app and it only shows that i crossed the start line. feels like a waste of 102km and bloody vissershok.

Did you log your ride on Strava & similar? You can send that to racetec as proof of your time.

so the racetec results are up... but i don't have a result :mellow: checked on racetec app and it only shows that i crossed the start line. feels like a waste of 102km and bloody vissershok.

Happens to me often

Even today too

Send them your Strava file if you can

Or any file on your GPS or screenshot / photo of your timing device

Edited by 'Dale

I was on Vissershok and want to request the WPPPA to put a "unmanned" water table at the top. Just put like 15 x 20lt water cannisters with a tap, they will help themselves.

I saw the guys (between 11h00 and 13h00) and some of them was just lying in the sun on the gravel part of the road (at the top), they were stuffed 

Luckely I had 3 x2lt Ice water for those who could not even speak, the one lady hardly breath, she was so tired.

Guys, its serious stuff on Vissershok when it gets over 30, please , next year, make sure you have water on the top.

Remember, they fill up at the bottom, they walked the whole of Vissershok, when they get there, they are dead tired and all the water is done..

Don't wait till something bad happened before something gets done, these weekend warriors is jour customers,
Look after them.

Edited by Brakkies Sport Fotos

I was on Vissershok and want to request the WPPPA to put a "unmanned" water table at the top. Just put like 15 x 20lt water cannisters with a tap, they will help themselves.

I saw the guys (between 11h00 and 13h00) and some of them was just lying in the sun on the gravel part of the road (at the top), they were stuffed 

Luckely I had 3 x2lt Ice water for those who could not even speak, the one lady hardly breath, she was so tired.

Guys, its serious stuff on Vissershok when it gets over 30, please , next year, make sure you have water on the top.

Remember, they fill up at the bottom, they walked the whole of Vissershok, when they get there, they are dead tired and all the water is done..

Don't wait till something bad happened before something gets done, these weekend warriors is jour customers,

Look after them.

Thnaks brakkies, you offered your water to me as well.. Luckily i had enough left.. Would definitely also recommend another water point just after the long walk

Had a good race in C achieving a pb even though my group dropped me at Vissers. ????Thanks to the organisers. ????The massage tent at the end was pure bliss and much needed!!!????

Congratz!!!

PB is worth celebrating KTB ???? ????

Lovely photo's - I gave you my best grimace as I rode up Vissershok and you just looked down the line for a worthier subject!!

Look after them.

Cool race! I was in B and got dropped about 15km before the finish line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you log your ride on Strava & similar? You can send that to racetec as proof of your time.

Happens to me often

Even today too

Send them your Strava file if you can

Or any file on your GPS or screenshot / photo of your timing device

thanks guys, sent them my garmin gps file of the race.

As far as I know they took photo / video at the end as the people crossed the mat, so that could also help them verify that you did finish

Did the guys riding/walking the elliptical trainer like bike things finish? Anyone else spot them later on?

thanks guys, sent them my garmin gps file of the race.

Oh just remembered

I never had my race pigeon tag on today ????