Remembering Barry

HappyMartin

Thank you for posting. I didn't know Barry, but we had a few exchanges here, on BH. Found we liked similar reads and although we never knew one another, I suppose we touched lives and I'm certainly the better for reading some of the books he suggested.

Thanks Tumbleweed and my thoughts to your family and friends.

Edited by HeyYou

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still seems so surreal. First got to know him through Bike Nation or whatever it was called back then, and he became part of my cyber community as such. Been there for the last 7 or 8 years.

I got to meet the man and shake his hand early this year.

It was exactly like I expected, because with Barry it was what you saw and heard was what you got. 100% Genuine - never pretended to be anything other than who he was.

His compassion, love of his boys, respect of his ex wife and unconditional love of his dogs should be inspiration for each and every one of us to go out and be better people, because the world has lost a truly great person.

Rest in Peace Legend 

Edited by Skott5

144ff592bfab4beb52bc8f07a5491d36.jpg

Such a fitting tribute to Barry! I am going to miss his incredible wit which could be scathing at times as well and his eye for what makes a great photo! He so loved his skateboard and it was the subject of many photo's aside from his dogs.

• 4 weeks later...

I know Barry liked his skateboards... somewhere there is a more detailed thread on it.

Well I used to skate a lot as laatjie back in the late 70's and early 80's and have been threating for years to buy a board (become a grey on a tray....) so today i did just that.... and straight after paying for it i had to stop myself from thinking i must post a picture on the hub for Barry to see...

Its an old second hand one i bought at a " Brocki " or "Brockenhaus" (second hand shop) next to our office, i saw it from the office window and went down to look at it, it was priced at CHF1.00 ... yep that's about R13.50

Barry would be happy even though its an old cheapie and green with pink wheels

This weekend i will have a skate for Barry

Hope i don't break something, its been awhile :whistling: 

Yeah, still surreal this whole thing.

Miss his presence here on the Hub

Famous Irish saying

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Hope you got more than half an hour Tumbles 

I went seed collecting in the mountains today. Came across an old barbed wire fence which had caught about twenty 'tumbleweeds' These come from a beautiful bulb that flowers in the spring. All the seeds were gone, blown away by the wind. Missing you Barry xxx

What are you collecting Blond?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...