chainreaction cycles

Imad

Hi everyone I know this question being asked many times , I'm about to buy complete groupset it's on sale now and it will be around R6700 from chainreaction any idea what the import tax will be ?

Kind regards

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For non-clothes and shoes shopping:

GBP price converted at SARS exchange rate at time of processing

Multiply by 14% for VAT

Multiply the VAT amount with 10% (effectively making it 15.4% as stated above)

Plus clearance fees that will be dependend on the shipping channel chosen. The last time I ordered using the cheapest option, it came through the SAPO and I paid R25 for the clearance

My package will be landing today from CRC, my order was for just over R4000.00. Add 15.4% for VAT, and DHL charges an additional Disbursement fee of R150.00. Also rather go for the DHL shipping as with the free shipping it may hang at customs and then the post office for ages.

I got blown away Monday, 2 min away from home someone from SAPO phoned me, saying he is at the Meyersdal office, on the way to Brackenhurst office, and he has my package, where would I want to pick it up... Now the package only got to Customs on Sunday morning, was even cleared Sunday, and released to delivery depot by late Sunday night.

When I got to the post office and asked for the guy, the ladies behind the counter did not know what I was talking about, so phoned him back, he was waiting outside for me.

was like WTF, huh, no way, with a big Grin.

G

My package will be landing today from CRC, my order was for just over R4000.00. Add 15.4% for VAT, and DHL charges an additional Disbursement fee of R150.00. Also rather go for the DHL shipping as with the free shipping it may hang at customs and then the post office for ages.

I got blown away Monday, 2 min away from home someone from SAPO phoned me, saying he is at the Meyersdal office, on the way to Brackenhurst office, and he has my package, where would I want to pick it up... Now the package only got to Customs on Sunday morning, was even cleared Sunday, and released to delivery depot by late Sunday night.

When I got to the post office and asked for the guy, the ladies behind the counter did not know what I was talking about, so phoned him back, he was waiting outside for me.

G

That is brilliant!! Sadly I have never had this experience. Quickest I have had was 3 weeks from last trace into the country to delivery at SAPO. 

Thats my experience also, why it blew my mind away...

G

That is brilliant!! Sadly I have never had this experience. Quickest I have had was 3 weeks from last trace into the country to delivery at SAPO. 

G

April 1 is almost here...

For non-clothes and shoes shopping:

GBP price converted at SARS exchange rate at time of processing

Multiply by 14% for VAT

Multiply the VAT amount with 10% (effectively making it 15.4% as stated above)

Plus clearance fees that will be dependend on the shipping channel chosen. The last time I ordered using the cheapest option, it came through the SAPO and I paid R25 for the clearance

And on shoes?

SAPO is a hit or miss unfortunately so I also always choose DHL. I've placed dozen's of orders with CRC and I'd say 70% through SAPO were great. But the stress on the others were really bad! So I always now build a wishlist and then order once DHL makes sense. Easy payment and delivery to my door every time, on time and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on shoes?

My parcel arrived yesterday, two pairs of five tens and a light paid 2k for duties and vat.

Soes and clothing I always buy in person, I need to fit it, make sure their size medium is my size medium, even same medium, but different ranges from same vendor fit differ, depending on cut and pattern.

Same with shoes, a size 6 is not always a size 6...

G

And on shoes?

And on shoes?

Import duties

cycling shorts (classified as clothing): 45%

shoes, socks, bags: 40%

Gloves: 30%

Helmets (fullface or other): 25%

Knee pads and other protective equipment: 20%

plastic bottles: 15%

whole bicycles: 15%

Goggles: 0%