So when is a sale a sale ??

porqui

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose the question is that if the postage cost was too high, would you have decided against buying? If there was any chance of this, then I'd say the seller was right.

If you'd paid the amount or put down a deposit then different story. I read that you were asking for quotes on postage, and this could be construed as still deciding. If that was the case and the seller had a definite buyer, then cash is king I'm afraid.

There is an Ethics in adverts thread.

From a sellers point of view in the past 6 days I've had 9 contacts from buyers on items I'm selling.

Is it still available? Yes I reply. And that's the end of it.

2 guys made an offer, I accepted and sent my bank account details, I pay for the courier on some and charge on others but I arrange. Then the buyer disappears.

So it's not always the seller who is stuffing the system up.

He who PAYS first gets it.

What this guy said!

I am sure that if you run a poll asking "who is a peeved of buyer based on something the seller did" vs "who is a peeved of seller due to inconsiderate buyers" the sellers will outstrip the buyers tenfold.

So I can support any bias towards opinion favouring the seller.

Rate the seller. Negative rating, while not perfect, people will be wary of dealings with them again in the future.

Yeah, but on the OP's version, things were too esoteric to satisfy the essentiale of a valid contract of sale, so I don't think the advertiser deserves a negative rating.

Rate the seller. Negative rating, while not perfect, people will be wary of dealings with them again in the future.

That's exactly how I do prospective purchases on the Hub. Wonky rating, no sale!

A sale is a sale when:

RRP = R999

RRP = R2000

Sale price = R1000 (SAVE 50%!!!)

:ph34r:

:clap:

Fixed it  :whistling:

Now that is how a Sale works

Interested is a low level of commitment.

Alternatively:

'I will take it'

'I am keen. Can we discuss details'.

'Please send payment details'.

In my experience, there is nothing that speaks about intent more than payment. Everything else is just words.

A sale is only a sale once both parties have agreed to making the sale happen.

Interested is a low level of commitment.

Alternatively:

'I will take it'

'I am keen. Can we discuss details'.

'Please send payment details'.

Sends details , never hears from buyer again with other people standing by with cash.

Then when it suits the seller he'll make a payment while its already been sold.

That "send payment details" K@K don't work for me sorry , you'll have t first confirm the payment will be done immediately  

Yeah, but on the OP's version, things were too esoteric to satisfy the essentiale of a valid contract of sale, so I don't think the advertiser deserves a negative rating.

I think what Harryn is saying is that as no contract of sale was concluded, the seller had no obligation towards the potential buyer who therefore had no rights. As such, he has no basis on which to down rate the seller.

Archived