SRAM XO Eagle, worth the buck? 7k to replace the cassette...

Kyle Badger

Then there was the poor oke on the 100 miler this weekend who had Eagle Gold and dropped his chain on an uphill district road....

Had a good chuckle when passing him.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gx 11 speed cassette now retails for R2500. (Still makes me look in the direction of the SLX upgrade kit for R2899...lol)

Wonder what a GX 12 speed cassette will go for once released... if released...

I upgraded to Eagle X0 from XO 2 x 10 as my drivetrain was shot. I think it is an incredible groupset. Very happy with my decision.

But this topic was started because replacing the cassette in future will cost you R7000.

Cassettes wear. Question is : Will you still be that happy after droping R7k on a cassette and not budgeted for it...eish.

But this topic was started because replacing the cassette in future will cost you R7000.

Cassettes wear. Question is : Will you still be that happy after droping R7k on a cassette and not budgeted for it...eish.

No I wont be happy, but I also will not pay R7k for it. The local prices are insane!!! 

No I wont be happy, but I also will not pay R7k for it. The local prices are insane!!! 

it would be really "nice" if we could get SRAM from CRC again .......

Gx 11 speed cassette now retails for R2500. (Still makes me look in the direction of the SLX upgrade kit for R2899...lol)

Wonder what a GX 12 speed cassette will go for once released... if released...

If/When Sram ever makes a GX Eagle drivetrain (with a reasonably priced cassette), they had better make a lot of them. Demand will be HUGE.

I would strongly consider switching my 1x11 XT drivetrain...

it would be really "nice" if we could get SRAM from CRC again .......

There are other online shops as well...

Saw a post on Instagram which showed the XO1 Eagle cassette weighing 4g LESS than the XX1...

All that glitters is not gold.

Hot on the heels of SRAM’s crazy Eagle 12 speed cassette, Shimano has just unveiled the frankly insane 14 speed cassette, shifter and mech combo at their high-end XT level.

That’s FOURTEEN. One, Four. 14!

As you know SRAM recently released the formidable 12 speed Eagle drive train, abolishing the front mech and setting themselves as the forward thinker in the transmission world.

But in a slightly uncharacteristic move Shimano has pulled off a hell of a move.

We knew their recent silence wouldn’t last.

reminds me of this one

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/****-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056

and it flippen happened too!

Why cant the third party role players (Sunrace ; e thirteen ect.) See this gap and start coming to the party with realistic priced cassettes. Being proactive.

Or can it be that Sram can have some kind of "legal right / patent rate" on 12 XD driver cassettes?

Why cant the third party role players (Sunrace ; e thirteen ect.) See this gap and start coming to the party with realistic priced cassettes. Being proactive.

Or can it be that Sram can have some kind of "legal right / patent rate" on 12 XD driver cassettes?

I don't think it has anything to do with the XD driver as companies like E-Thirteen manufacture cassettes using the XD driver...

It is quite strange that no aftermarket 12 speed cassettes has come out yet. Maybe there is not a big enough market for it yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the e thirteen 9-46. Very happy with that. Nice wide range for every obstacle you can encounter...and less expensive...

Hi

What chain length are you running?

Yes this is a super cool groupset but is it worth getting it being a non sponsored rider. Seeing that replacing the cassette will set me back 7k. Will it last that much longer than a XT cassette at R2700

Or a Sunrace cassette at R1300

Archived