Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he targets the Giro next year...golden opportunity for him at Giro 2018.

With Cav and his minions with TDF dibs it will leave LM with not enough support at the TDF .. so go for the Giro LM..for it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think the same... Cav will cry a river if the team is split in half for GC duties also.

But LM deserves a dedicated GC team. Maybe a GC TDF when Cav retires???

As much as I loved what Tommy D did and will support him on any race where the Froomedawg isn't in contention, I fear he will be a one Tour wonder as he is more Froome than Froome is, and I cannot see the route being as specific to his needs AND the climbers all getting it as wrong as at the Giro again. And if it is as specifically good for him with less steep hills and more TT, Froome will beat him 9 times out of 10

Yes, but Tom D is probably a bit more Wiggo than Froomedawg.

What he does have is time. We know what Froome can do, and that he's also probably past his peak. I think TomD could well target the 2018 GT that has the best parcours for him, or try and focussing on TdF and seeing where that takes him.

He definitely needs to target the Giro and do well there. I think it's his best chance also given that the Giro probably fields the least strongest riders. If he can show his worth at the Giro with a dedicated team to help him then he can maybe get a shot at Le Tour the following year. But for now DDD would be crazy to drop Cav as the main man for Le Tour. Louis still needs to prove he has balls. I personally think he should have gone to a bigger team and be the guy that helps the main man. Like Froome did with Wiggins and Landa did for Froome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He definitely needs to target the Giro and do well there. I think it's his best chance also given that the Giro probably fields the least strongest riders. If he can show his worth at the Giro with a dedicated team to help him then he can maybe get a shot at Le Tour the following year. But for now DDD would be crazy to drop Cav as the main man for Le Tour. Louis still needs to prove he has balls. I personally think he should have gone to a bigger team and be the guy that helps the main man. Like Froome did with Wiggins and Landa did for Froome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Less pressure" as well..a good result will boost his confidence.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If these rumours are true, then LM would definitely have been a domestique...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luigi's freelancing skills will help him on the flat stages when the DDD speed train sets The Manx Missile up for stage wins at le Tour

Gilbert signs on at Floors. What a boost for PhilGil after some questions about his future.

The transfer market has sure been buzzing.

https://twitter.com/cyclingweekly/status/897173987926704129

So what do they know that we don't about LM?

Considering his GT results you would think they would make an offer he would find hard to resist?

Maybe they did and he elected to go for his homie team instead, personally I'm glad he did.

This is very interesting if true