WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a csa membership necessary to enter events? 

Also, has it been confirmed whether one can take part in the open seeded groups using a disc brake road bike?

No, but if the event is sanctioned the organiser/online entry portal is obliged to charge a day licence fee (R35).

Mass participation events for open seeded are not controlled by the officials, so technically one can enter with disk brakes. If they ban road bikes (with disk brakes) then they need to ban every rider on a MTB. The full racing licence holders (licensed bunches) are not allowed.

My CSA licence ends 1 November, so have entered all the races that I will do for the rest of the year online.  Will not be renewing and will likely not do any races beginning of next year... will watch and see how thing pan out with CSA.

If numbers start dropping for races because of not being licenced or buying a temp licence, will organisers start waiving the temp licence so get the numbers?

Ditto - mine ends on 11 Jan, so will be going the same route.

• 3 weeks later...

Oom Lem, did Mike ever retract or apologies for his Emma letter and threats?

On a different note, what responsibility does somebody like Emma have to check the validity of their clients stance before machine gunning out gag orders on whistleblowers?

Reading all this has me a bit worried, I have never been a member of CSA, however I will be racing the Rand Water Race on sunday. I have been contemplating now if I should pay for the membership or should I just buy the day license?

They take money from me at the start of year for membership , then a % of every race I do and for this I see zilch. Unless I see some sort of turnaround and benefit I will not be renewing next year. 

No, no, no.  You get your own personal loyalty program card. :ph34r: :mellow:

• 1 month later...

And to think I just entered Origin of Trails mtb ride which isn't even a race for me and I still need to pay these clowns for a temp. license :cursing:

Word on the street is that the recently appointed financial person has stepped down and left for Australia ..... anyone have info on this?

Word on the street is that the recently appointed financial person has stepped down and left for Australia ..... anyone have info on this?

The first part is correct. But he is still in Cape Town.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The first part is correct. But he is still in Cape Town.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do we know why this is? Lasted almost as long as van Rooyen.

Do we know why this is? Lasted almost as long as van Rooyen.

my guess, he was doing some awesome work, but it was like smashing your head against a solid wall. When you find yourself potentially at risk due to others lack of action....... it's a no brainer

my guess, he was doing some awesome work, but it was like smashing your head against a solid wall. When you find yourself potentially at risk due to others lack of action....... it's a no brainer

anyone know just how long he was holding office?

anyone know just how long he was holding office?

I had a look back in the thread.  Patch made a comment on the 30th of June about Carbon being appointed.  So we are looking at July, August, September and half of October.  3,5 months at most.

I had a look back in the thread.  Patch made a comment on the 30th of June about Carbon being appointed.  So we are looking at July, August, September and half of October.  3,5 months at most.

Is his departure confirmed? If so, they lose valuable skills.

Unless CSA want him to use the KPMG audit manuals (just kidding

Edited by Bloukrans