Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Zwift)

Jakkals.

for rides exceeding 4 hours I usually place a table next to the bike with food  / cooler bag with drinks etc.

But nowadays I am too lazy / unfit for such long rides :blush:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've done just one 2 hour ride on Zwift. Anything longer would be too much to handle, I would rather be out.

I once did a 5 and a half hour session - to get the 100 mile challenge - non stop  :whistling:

did it with a friend

and believe it or not, that afternoon we did a road race of 100km outside... :blush:

was good training for the DC

You boys need to get out more! :ph34r:

i've done a 1h30 on Zwift. barely noticed it!

the immersive nature of Zwift really helps with combating the boredom.

that being said i am using Zwift in front of a 55inch TV...

big flat screen in front of you, is the way to do it yes :thumbup:

big flat screen in front of you, is the way to do it yes :thumbup:

I have my setup also in front of my old 42" LCD. All the virtual training programs works sweet like that on the video types can almost smell the fresh alpine air climbing Alpe d'Heuz...

Edited by s14phoenix

At the moment I get home and put on the last hr of the TDF with this view :devil: I even leave the underfloor heating on to simulate summer :clap:  :whistling:

With Disturbed playing hard and loud, the neighbors know when I'm doing intervals :eek:  

post-47220-0-01579500-1499339972_thumb.jpg

I have my setup also in front of my old 42" LCD. All the virtual training programs works sweet like that on the video types can almost smell the fresh alpine air climbing Alpe d'Heuz...

all that suffering is making you smell funny things... sweat doesn't smell like fresh air. :whistling:

all that suffering is making you smell funny things... sweat doesn't smell like fresh air. :whistling:

Maybe he's dangling one of those Pine tree air fresheners off of his forehead heehee.

I have a very active imagination ok.... :lol:

... wind in whats left of my hair.... :P - that now being the floor fan turned up to 11...

talk about fan, it doesnt work properly, I have a big one, still hot.

I remember from my days away auditing, the b&b all had aircons and I use to take my old school idt with me, that aircon did the trick properly in cooling me off.

At the moment I get home and put on the last hr of the TDF with this view :devil: I even leave the underfloor heating on to simulate summer :clap:  :whistling:

With Disturbed playing hard and loud, the neighbors know when I'm doing intervals :eek:  

now that sir, is een m@erse sound system :whistling:

talk about fan, it doesnt work properly, I have a big one, still hot.

I remember from my days away auditing, the b&b all had aircons and I use to take my old school idt with me, that aircon did the trick properly in cooling me off.

I enjoy the aircon inside when everyone is away. But the paincave just has a fan for now which isn't too bad.

I am waiting for aircon prices to come down a lil more which they will now in winter, and then thinking of building a squat rack in the paincave also. Long term plans but would be nice to add other forms of suffering.

I rode the 2.5 w/kg at 17.30 last night. A few guys there. Phoenix and Zuma the leader was also SA and a woman whose name I have just forgotten. Leaker ride, thanks

Was not bad and had fun... But it was tough for me... Day 4 of my training block so the sprints really hurt and I just could not get the watts to work... rest day today... with some stretching and foam roller while watching TDF stage 10...

Edited by s14phoenix