Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Zwift)

Jakkals.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm confused by the route selection on Zwift. When you set up your ride you are prompted to select a route but then during the ride you still have to navigate at each turn and its impossible to know where you're going. So why bother making you choose a route when it doesn't actually do anything?

Navigation in general on Zwift is pretty horrendous. I feel like I must be missing something because it would be so easy for Zwift to improve on this. Why isn't there just a basic map overlay showing where on the course you are. Or is there?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm confused by the route selection on Zwift. When you set up your ride you are prompted to select a route but then during the ride you still have to navigate at each turn and its impossible to know where you're going. So why bother making you choose a route when it doesn't actually do anything?

Navigation in general on Zwift is pretty horrendous. I feel like I must be missing something because it would be so easy for Zwift to improve on this. Why isn't there just a basic map overlay showing where on the course you are. Or is there?

when you select a specific route you do not need to navigate, your avatar will ride automatically.

as soon as you turn you go off the pre-programmed route you selected at startup.

e.g. if you want to ride the pretzel you select the route and just pedal, no need to turn manually at any point, just focus on your watts pappie

There are a few options. If you choose the "surprise me" then it will randomly select where you go at each turn. If you choose "follow riders around me", then it will do just that. If you select a route, then it will keep you on that route. https://zwiftblog.com/route-details/ gives you detail on what they all look like. However you are not "stuck" in that route. If you want to turn off, you can (for example to climb to the top of the volcano).

If you are taking part in an event, then you will not be able to change route from the event's official route. So you can't blame a wrong turn if you lose a race ;)

There are not that many routes and intersections. You'll learn them quickly. the only ones which are strange are in London - when you approach box hill you get an option to go straight or turn right which is actually turn right or do a U turn, and then then the massive circle in the middle of town where are 6 roads converging.

Keep your eye out for the QHUBEKA training races. They are building up to the Qhubeka5000 this weekend and then will run a series of rides before the 947.

The next race is Friday at 5.30 am for the insomniacs...

I rode the 2.5 w/kg at 17.30 last night. A few guys there. Phoenix and Zuma the leader was also SA and a woman whose name I have just forgotten. Leaker ride, thanks

Rode the 2.75 at 18:40 yesterday, almost threw up a few times. Was a different leader this week and it was a touch tougher than last week. Fewer South Africans this time but Zuma was there, he beat me in the final lap race the bastard :-)

I plan on making the Tuesday evening 2.75 a weekly thing, I can't imagine a more bang for your buck 1 hr training ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone please help!!! I've tried everything now and can't get my bluetooth powerbeam to connect to zwift. (windows pc) 

When I go to paired devices in Zwift it pick up the powerbeam, but once I go out to ride it shows signal lost and then I can't get it to connect again.

I've downloaded the app to my android phone and tried to connet via the mobile link with no success. 

The phone's bluetooth keep on asking for the powerbeam bluetooth pin, what am I suppose to put in there?

Sorry Jorrie, no solution from my side. But when my powerbeam didn't request a pin, maybe because I use IOS bluetooth.

Hope you get sorted quick

Someone please help!!! I've tried everything now and can't get my bluetooth powerbeam to connect to zwift. (windows pc) 

When I go to paired devices in Zwift it pick up the powerbeam, but once I go out to ride it shows signal lost and then I can't get it to connect again.

I've downloaded the app to my android phone and tried to connet via the mobile link with no success. 

The phone's bluetooth keep on asking for the powerbeam bluetooth pin, what am I suppose to put in there?

Try 0000 https://support.virtualtraining.eu/hc/en-us/articles/211801985-How-to-connect-Bluetooth-Smart-devices-to-VirtualTraining-CVT-Desktop-version-3-X-X

From what i understand Zwift like many other applications does not support BLE via the Windows platform due to know compatibility issues.

CycleOps have worked around this on their CVT desktop app through the use of a Blue Giga USB (bluetooth version of the ANT+ USB) we have these in stock at R695.00.

I do not think Zwift support the BlueGiga.......

To pair the a Bluetooth device to Zwift i think you need to do this via their mobile application. More on this below,

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/211948523-Zwift-Windows-Bluetooth?page=1#comments 

When Telkom has eventually sorted out the issues with my interwebs at home I will be joining.

Sounds :thumbup:

More excuses [emoji12]

• 2 months later...

Is there still a Hubride on Zwift during the week

not sure.  it seems to have died off - unless it is published elsewhere...

I always see a handful of SAFFA's riding - and they all must be Hubbers (surely?) - but not sure if there are any official Hub rides/races...

• 3 weeks later...

Morning,  I can not seem to start the download for Windows PC. no pop up  starts, used 2 different browsers. not working  :excl: 

any one had the same problem?