Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Zwift)

Jakkals.

Which Tacx?

Satori smart. But reading online it seems to happen to other types too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my gripe with bluetooth is that it only has one channel and any interference with any other bluetooth enabled device will result in some sort of problem.

my gripe with bluetooth is that it only has one channel and any interference with any other bluetooth enabled device will result in some sort of problem.

My phone has ant+ wish I could connect and calibrate via that....

Anyone had Bluetooth issues? Connecting the android app to my Tacx to calibrate is a total mystery - have to open and close and switch off and on and reboot until eventually it magically connects...

make sure that BT is the only active connection, as soon as its connected to ant, it drops the BT connection.

or if you have a edge 520, calibrate via the garmin.

tacx app is crap

make sure that BT is the only active connection, as soon as its connected to ant, it drops the BT connection.

or if you have a edge 520, calibrate via the garmin.

tacx app is crap

Do you know if edge 500 can calibrate it?

Do you know if edge 500 can calibrate it?

nope 500 is not Ant+ FE-C compatible 

Is it possible to load a route onto zwift and ride it, for example if you have a 94.7 route on strava can you copy it to Zwift? 

Is it possible to load a route onto zwift and ride it, for example if you have a 94.7 route on strava can you copy it to Zwift? 

I don't believe so. You can upload routes onto Cycleops' VirtualTraining, quite a few routes are already there actually

Yes and No, but more No.

I have a .ZWO (zwift workout) file with the 94.7 route loaded. This is essentially someone's power data for the race translated into a target power / time. If I open this as a workout in Zwift it gives me power targets for specific time intervals. If I activate erg mode for this it will adjust the required resistance based on my current speed and the target power. It is not really related to the gradient of the course, rather the target power (if you loaded a resistance based course it would be confusing riding up a hill in Zwift while the resistance of the workout is negative).

Hi

is there a list of hubbers on Zwift with their user names anywhere? 

Try to search for BH, some of us have it behind our names :D 

See you out there

My Vortex gives same issue, Takes me like 20min of fiddling to get it working....

I think i have it narrowed down tho. 

1. Kill all other apps using Bluetooth (Discovery Drive app constantly access it Force Stop this one)

2. Leave out the Bluetooth HR

Unfortunately I don't have ANT+ dongle or cycle computer to interface everything (FENIX 2 has Bluetooth or ANT+ not both) 

I have ordered a ANT+ to resolve this issue as it is reported to work much better.

My Vortex gives same issue, Takes me like 20min of fiddling to get it working....

I think i have it narrowed down tho.

1. Kill all other apps using Bluetooth (Discovery Drive app constantly access it Force Stop this one)

2. Leave out the Bluetooth HR

Unfortunately I don't have ANT+ dongle or cycle computer to interface everything (FENIX 2 has Bluetooth or ANT+ not both)

I have ordered a ANT+ to resolve this issue as it is reported to work much better.

OK, but I don't think you can calibrate with ant+, only Bluetooth. (On the satori smart at least) For everything else, ant+ works 100 times better than BT

Edited by brucem76

Don't know about that, might be right there. Kill other apps is my suggestion. 

I have less issues with utility app than with zwift

Took the plunge and did my first ride on Zwift.

only have 1 map to ride?

but also struggling with power under reading badly.

the wahoo Kickr 2 linked to my garmin 520 reads 200W - this feels right for the effort

NB i have been riding with power for years

however, in Zwift it is only showing 160W - thats 40W just missing.

a little depressing.

i've tried calibrating the kickr is the wahoo app after warming the unit up.

this has not helped.

anyone got any ideas?

would really like to see realistic figures in Zwift 

SOLVED.

Contacted Wahoo and spoke with Sean.

Was advised that any newly purchased Wahoo Kickr needs to have an advanced spin down performed (due to shipping, different environments etc)

- this is a hidden feature in the app used to factory calibrate the unit.

This AM i duly performed the advanced spindown followed by a standard spindown and hey presto! - the unit is now reading the correct Power 

Thanks Sean

can recommend anyone having issues to contact Wahoo locally. the support was absolutely top notch.

Box Hill pain cave was awesome this AM!

SOLVED.

Contacted Wahoo and spoke with Sean.

Was advised that any newly purchased Wahoo Kickr needs to have an advanced spin down performed (due to shipping, different environments etc)

- this is a hidden feature in the app used to factory calibrate the unit.

This AM i duly performed the advanced spindown followed by a standard spindown and hey presto! - the unit is now reading the correct Power 

Thanks Sean

can recommend anyone having issues to contact Wahoo locally. the support was absolutely top notch.

Box Hill pain cave was awesome this AM!

Glad you got it sorted...I wonder how often I should do the advance spindown...maybe when I feel I cant hold the threshold intervals, I will know something is wrong.

How did your Kickr compare to the p1?