Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the price of whole lamb there?

Have just phoned, and they say they charge R92 some change per kilo. They couldn't give me a price for a whole lamb.

Have just phoned, and they say they charge R92 some change per kilo. They couldn't give me a price for a whole lamb.

It would depend on the size of the Lamb. But their prices are not bad at all. But with such a small price difference between a whole lamb and bulk chops I wouldn't bother with a whole lamb.

It would depend on the size of the Lamb. But their prices are not bad at all. But with such a small price difference between a whole lamb and bulk chops I wouldn't bother with a whole lamb.

Normally yes...

But I keep basically everything whole, boude, blaaie, nek, skenkels, ribs... I then have to buy chops seperate...

went and camped at support station 25 of the freedom challenge over the weekend.

Had too many people to fit into one potjie, so had to use the dutch oven too. Did a peach infused lamb effort jobbie that is a variation on this http://braai.com/recipes/lamb-shank-curry/ actually it was nothing on this, lots of freestyling involved.

It was lekker

That is cabbage in the foil.

we only got the rugby score on re entering civilisation at 3pm on sunday.

post-1830-0-31788100-1510743147_thumb.jpeg

went and camped at support station 25 of the freedom challenge over the weekend.

Had too many people to fit into one potjie, so had to use the dutch oven too. Did a peach infused lamb effort jobbie that is a variation on this http://braai.com/recipes/lamb-shank-curry/ actually it was nothing on this, lots of freestyling involved.

It was lekker

attachicon.gifIMG_20171111_183444_7-01 (Medium).jpeg

it won't be a tough decision anymore, I think the boks have stopped playing rugby and gone on Christmas holiday already..... seems lie a bunch of useless school boys have taken their places

It was lekker

attachicon.gifIMG_20171111_183444_7-01 (Medium).jpeg

which campsite did you have? would like to go sometime.

which campsite did you have? would like to go sometime.

this was #10. despite being 'booked out' we only saw one other party -  partly because the place is so well designed!

Edited by rider#35

So what's everyone braai'ing this weekend?

Tomorrow I think I'll do the same as I did on braai day - lamb chops, sosaties, wors, and mushrooms, with the possibility of steak. Having some family over.

So what's everyone braai'ing this weekend?

Tomorrow I think I'll do the same as I did on braai day - lamb chops, sosaties, wors, and mushrooms, with the possibility of steak. Having some family over.

post-523-0-75330800-1510990157_thumb.jpg

Marina...once upon a time a client of mine. Really good guys involved in that business back then, unfortunately I lost contact when moved from auditing

Did a whole fillet and a 1/2 on the braai last night, marinated in milk and balsamic for a day, for a bunch of mates last night. Absolutely delicious, and melt in the mouth tender.

Now to braai some wors for supper. The old oak tree makes for an awesome braai room.26f951e4bb8d5419c2ab9842079c6024.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk