MJ the Expat

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meat is meat and a man must eat.

Last person to tell me that was GIGI the stripper(and owner of lolipop lounge) at her show nipple caps and G-strings. However, she meant it in a different way...........

Last person to tell me that was GIGI the stripper(and owner of lolipop lounge) at her show nipple caps and G-strings. However, she meant it in a different way...........

[emoji23]

Last night's dinner. Just two lamb tjops. We had a salad to go with it, although we skipped the lettuce.

The Mrs and I ran a 4km time trial at the athletic club we joined, and then there was a social braai afterwards.

9949084dbd054aabd0244cbc9d4451c5.jpg

Last night's dinner. Just two lamb tjops. We had a salad to go with it, although we skipped the lettuce.

The Mrs and I ran a 4km time trial at the athletic club we joined, and then there was a social braai afterwards.

9949084dbd054aabd0244cbc9d4451c5.jpg

and how many beers?

I found a recipe for fillet in Justin Bonello's "Cooks for Friends". Smoked fillet in a kassie. I didn't take pics.

Rub the fillet in crushed coriander seeds, mustard seeds, salt, peppercorns, garlic and olive oil. I use an old blade coffee grinder to mix the spices.

Sear the fillet while the wood is still burning, pour oil on the fillet to get the flames up there, and turn every 2 minutes. When it is done to your liking, my family has no choice, It is rare, rest for about 5min, and then slice into decent chunks.

I use a weber to smoke the fillet. Take the coals off the braai, and into the weber, put a good amount of sawdust onto the coals, not too much otherwise you smother them. then meat into the weber and cover for 5 minutes.  As he says

If it starts looking like a mini version of the Salt River industrial area, you are doing it right!

Take off and serve, it is delicious. I do it as a special treat for my daughter just before she heads back to Varsity.

Weber is the only way to cook the following;

1. leg of lamb
  2. any type of rib
  3. whole bird
  4. bluefish
  5. Christmas lunch meats (tongue, gammon etc.)

A mutton leg on the weber rotisserie, flipping lekker

I found a recipe for fillet in Justin Bonello's "Cooks for Friends". Smoked fillet in a kassie. I didn't take pics.

Rub the fillet in crushed coriander seeds, mustard seeds, salt, peppercorns, garlic and olive oil. I use an old blade coffee grinder to mix the spices.

Sear the fillet while the wood is still burning, pour oil on the fillet to get the flames up there, and turn every 2 minutes. When it is done to your liking, my family has no choice, It is rare, rest for about 5min, and then slice into decent chunks.

I use a weber to smoke the fillet. Take the coals off the braai, and into the weber, put a good amount of sawdust onto the coals, not too much otherwise you smother them. then meat into the weber and cover for 5 minutes.  As he says

Take off and serve, it is delicious. I do it as a special treat for my daughter just before she heads back to Varsity.

can we come live with you?

• 2 weeks later...

can we come live with you?

Sorry Slowbee.

I cook the weekend meals for our family, and often when we get guests.

Tonight was braai again, a recipe from Wendy Toerien's book "Cellarmasters in the Kitchen".

post-2975-0-22528100-1550253032_thumb.jpg

A recipe from Paul Cluver's Andries Burger, also a cyclist btw. My version of his Grilled Kudu Fillet, with Beetroot and carrots and mash. Marinade the Fillet in red wine for 2 hours, roll in crushed pepper, coriander seeds and cumin. Braai the fillet to rare, slice and serve with veg, mash and a red wine reduction. Yum

post-2975-0-22528100-1550253032_thumb.jpg

post-2975-0-83293400-1550253050_thumb.jpg

Sorry Slowbee.

I cook the weekend meals for our family, and often when we get guests.

Tonight was braai again, a recipe from Wendy Toerien's book "Cellarmasters in the Kitchen".

rps20190215_194913.jpg

A recipe from Paul Cluver's Andries Burger, also a cyclist btw. My version of his Grilled Kudu Fillet, with Beetroot and carrots and mash. Marinade the Fillet in red wine for 2 hours, roll in crushed pepper, coriander seeds and cumin. Braai the fillet to rare, slice and serve with veg, mash and a red wine reduction. Yum

rps20190215_194913.jpg

now I'll have to shoot a kudu in july...the hunt is on. This looks really good!

now I'll have to shoot a kudu in july...the hunt is on. This looks really good!

I've got a Mountain Reedbuck fillet in the freezer, I must try this with it.