Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

No Myles get back to the Weight loss thread................ :ph34r:

I am willing to take one for the team and eat that steak.....doing it for you guys!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in the US at the moment, up in the mountains in Northern New York State. Before we travelled up here, I managed to find a farm that raises their beef on grass only, with no chemical etc etc. We even got to meet the father of the cow that made the beef. Unfortunately my wife was standing with me so she realised what it cost, so the adage of “you can buy cheap food or good food, but never both”, has been quoted by me relentlessly since then [emoji23].

The cabin that we are staying in only has a gas braai, so I bought a small Weber on the way up as well (it will fit into my suitcase for the flight back to Ireland). I wouldn’t insult good beef by using gas.

Incredible. Did T-bones last night and Fillet Mingon tonight, basic spices only. Some of the best beef I have ever had. Have bone-in ribeye for tomorrow.

f8800dbaba0d83f899745eb531e83a76.jpgb51fb8cc7424514f39b5a9c0bd8e1c99.jpg

4effc59db73be2cd2a165339e6426420.jpg

5445185129952247a454a0ae2da834f1.jpg

Edited by BigDL

• 4 weeks later...

Howzit guys. Has anybody got a lekker recipe for a duck on the Webber? I googled some just thought if anyone has made a tried and tested recipe.

Howzit guys. Has anybody got a lekker recipe for a duck on the Webber? I googled some just thought if anyone has made a tried and tested recipe.

Find the duck first

Could not find one for xmas

• 4 weeks later...

Find the duck first

Got one from Berliner. Was moer lekker. Made a rub with chicken stock, salt and pepper. Put it in the webber for 90 min and made a lekker orange sauce to go with it.

Oh and put some onion in the cavity.

Edited by Pieter1

Feels like Christmas. But alas, I'll only partake in some of it.

Once a year my parents order en masse from Deli-Co. Beef matured for 3 months and a three year old skapie.

168c9c5e1b2938b012af0225a8d32285.jpg

a58a87df60e1035a5bbafb62b8d2a000.jpg

Now to find freezer space for a sheep and a cow....

Damn! Never heard of Deli-co but had a look at their website. Definitely worth a try. Thanks for the tip!

Damn! Never heard of Deli-co but had a look at their website. Definitely worth a try. Thanks for the tip!

But they only deliver in Western Cape... Triple Damn!!!

I see you are in stellies, there is a Deli-Co at Potbelly Pantry on the R44 towards Klapmuts.

Edit: Stellenbosch has it good ito meat, between Deli-Co, Boer & Butcher and the Joostenburg farm deli the choices are sublime.

Edited by PhilipV

But they only deliver in Western Cape... Triple Damn!!!

Well we don't have the myriad of game meat options that you have in the bushveld...

I see you are in stellies, there is a Deli-Co at Potbelly Pantry on the R44 towards Klapmuts.

Edit: Stellenbosch has it good ito meat, between Deli-Co, Boer & Butcher and the Joostenburg farm deli the choices are sublime.

Thanks. Yes Boer & Butcher is my go-to for lamb and other interesting things to braai. Nothing better to pop in there on a Sunday morning after riding the trails to find something interesting to braai.

Boord Spar is where I get my Sirloin. Not sure who their supplier is, but they have damn good steak. Will give Deli-Co a try though.

Find the duck first

I'll get you the details of the duck lady in Hilcrest KZN, she slaughters weekly.

Will take a day or two