Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

Nyala is one of the few I have never had.......will have to fix that shortcoming.

I'm not at all fond of liver, any liver, but my wife is. I still love her though.

Completely forgot about impala :blush: , will go edit my earlier post!

I notice no Tsessebe.Well, dont bother.Must be the toughest meat I have ever tried.We were given some in Maun.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice no Tsessebe.Well, dont bother.Must be the toughest meat I have ever tried.We were given some in Maun.

I haven't had Tsessebe, Roan or Sable, mostly because of scarcity  budgetary constraints  :D  ;) Also, no Bontebok, what else am I forgetting? I've had buffalo, and I bet you it was tougher than Tsessebe, but I don't know how old a bull it was, I just assumed it was ancient because it was nearly as tough as a big old Spurwing goose, and those take some forward and reverse with a pretty big bulldozer to tenderize.   

I haven't had Tsessebe, Roan or Sable, mostly because of scarcity  budgetary constraints  :D  ;) Also, no Bontebok, what else am I forgetting? I've had buffalo, and I bet you it was tougher than Tsessebe, but I don't know how old a bull it was, I just assumed it was ancient because it was nearly as tough as a big old Spurwing goose, and those take some forward and reverse with a pretty big bulldozer to tenderize.   

What is your thoughts about "takbok" (Fallow deer?)

What is your thoughts about "takbok" (Fallow deer?)

It has more fat in the meat and is not as lean. I know some who love it, and swear that it is the best, but I have only had it a few times and I did not find it that great. 

Howzit guys.

I was complaining that our menu at home is becoming too monotonous. Now I’m tasked with cooking tomorrow but have zilch inspiration.

Anyone have some interesting ideas for a meal please?

Edited by Pieter1

Howzit guys.

I was complaining that our menu at home is becoming too monotonous. Now I’m tasked with cooking tomorrow but have zilch inspiration.

Ai Boet, should we not have club together for a Dale Carnegie course on "Avoiding stupid Comments at Dinnertime"??

Are you newly married?? - asking for a friend  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Howzit guys.

Pizza Braai. Tin foil on the rooster, olive oil on the tin foil, use a proper pizza dough (not shopbought bread dough) to line the tin foil, add toppings of choice and braai!

The kids will revere you :thumbup:  :thumbup:

post-64853-0-61044400-1596187599_thumb.jpg

post-64853-0-97977100-1596187738_thumb.jpg

Edited by TIB

Pizza Braai. Tin foil on the rooster, olive oil on the tin foil, use a proper pizza dough (not shopbought bread dough) to line the tin foil, add toppings of choice and braai!

The kids will revere you :thumbup:  :thumbup:

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

Ai Boet, should we not have club together for a Dale Carnegie course on "Avoiding stupid Comments at Dinnertime"??

Are you newly married?? - asking for a friend :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Hahahaha! No, we going on 8 years now. Should have known better. The pizza looks interesting.

I've eaten takbok biltong - very nice.

Here in New Zealand ALL venison is red deer.

First time I was offered venison I asked “what kind”?

Got a very strange look. Had to explain that the term venison actually refers to ANY wild antelope meat, and where we come from there are plenty of different types of those...

Here in New Zealand ALL venison is red deer.

First time I was offered venison I asked “what kind”?

Got a very strange look. Had to explain that the term venison actually refers to ANY wild antelope meat, and where we come from there are plenty of different types of those...

Once had a chat to a butcher and asked what he was going to do with the 2 culled giraffe - he said he was going to make springbok and kudu biltong from it! I've never been able to buy biltong without chuckling after that. :D

Settled on a braai pie. Have never made one.

Anyone in jhb that can get me some tarentaals?

:P