Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

I wouldn't say it turned out the greatest, probably due to the fact that when it comes to kebabs I'm more used to braaing pork or chicken kebabs.

Personally, I just can't see how braaiing biltong would improve the taste. All you're going to do is dry it out, unless you just sear it for a few seconds on a very hot flame. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aag lekker skaap tjoppies. Garlic broodjie en sweet n chilly broodjies.

My son returned from their matric holiday, canoeing the Orange river in Namibia and asked for tjoppies.f07463156c09bc215d107fbbb6db0a72.jpg

Nothing better than skaap tjoppies

This was on 1 December

79415721_10157881227594791_8964004472292

and I'm still braaing cheese, onion and tomato braai broodjies.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but there will be a few lamb tjoppies and BBQ chicken skewers going on there on Wednesday afternoon  :P

Where you going camping?

I had one of those, not a fancy stainless steel one like yours but it worked well for camping when the site never had a braai. It folded away into a nice shape so made packing easier(I can't stand odd shaped items when packing). It didn't last though, it burnt through the bottom. But the stainless one should last a lot longer. 

Where you going camping?

I had one of those, not a fancy stainless steel one like yours but it worked well for camping when the site never had a braai. It folded away into a nice shape so made packing easier(I can't stand odd shaped items when packing). It didn't last though, it burnt through the bottom. But the stainless one should last a lot longer. 

We haven't decided yet, but I'll be testing out the camper braai at home.

I am pleased to announce that I made my first pot (oxtail) yesterday and I can confirm it was delicious.

I didn't peak once.

a388ea70259602ac16ba55018ed0e1b4.jpg

Dam and I've yet to make a potjie. Our potjie pot is still sitting unused.