[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

really hope Dion and Sthembiso catch Benky

Dion has already caught him.

Sthembiso could catch em both.

one of them is going to miss out on podium!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stop time for top 6 riders, some of it could be sleep/ Ave riding speed (kph)

Marco Martins - 3:35/ 20.8

Benky - 3:07/19.5

Dion Guy - 2:07/19.1

Sthembiso Masango - 3:48/ 19.3

Jeannie Dreyer - 8:11/ 20.6

FvT - 5:41/19.3

out of interest 2016

H. Visser - 17:27/19.6

J.Dreyer - 12:36/18.9

I think with finnish times this quick it could be a shift in preparation for next year's competitors, train harder for higher pace, and go super light, the lightest compulsory gear you can find, barely enough water to get between water points and 1 set of kit for whole race and a ton of caffeine to avoid sleep

I think with finnish times this quick it could be a shift in preparation for next year's competitors, train harder for higher pace, and go super light, the lightest compulsory gear you can find, barely enough water to get between water points and 1 set of kit for whole race and a ton of caffeine to avoid sleep

The more favourable weather has definitely aided the rider's..probably more than anything... there have been fewer drop outs and less illness reported..

After every edition they guys are preparing better..times will come down each year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

I have to agree with you.

I can see guys doing 500km+ training rides for next year

Now depending on how long MM stops at WP10 he could very well finish by 8/9 tonight.. he has a monster climb awaiting him..that's the only reason I say not by 6pm????????

There is something incredible about our beautiful country.. riding through the Karoo on bike at night must just be something to see..the sky just lights up.[emoji7]

next year the drought will be end as munga starts be and we will have gale force tornado winds with the highest temperatures ever recorded in the history of south africa

Of course yes..

We had some okes like that in the Army.

During my national service stint on the border I went for a month in the same set of browns without taking them off.

I threw them away when I got back to my camp.