[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

introduced my friend in Seattle to the dot watching - summed up what Martins has basically achieved so far - his response was 'that's possessed' - I tend to agree with him. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vettie looks like he is having a nap waiting for the cooler times to ride. Glad he is still in it doing his thing. Long way to ride it is.

Vettie is going to finish this, even if we have to send his fan club after him with big whips. Wait, he might like that. We'll send his fan club in tutu's ... that'll scare him to ride faster.

Vettie is going to finish this, even if we have to send his fan club after him with big whips. Wait, he might like that. We'll send his fan club in tutu's ... that'll scare him to ride faster.

Vettie finishing this is important to me, I know there are other hubbers doing it but I know Vettie the best so I have a very personal interest in him getting to that finish line.

He is more like someone I have done a bunch of rides with than someone I know from the internet if that makes sense?

I have followed KB since last year's Munga and i really wanted him to win this year, but with only about 150km left i can't see him catching MM. He finished 6th last year and hopefully he'll take 2nd step this year. 

I have nothing but respect for these guys for just attempting this.

Martin Bain Venn - riding for Pie in the Sky - charity to raise funds for kids at KES who do not have financial assistance to help them afford food lunches etc.

He's been bloody impressive... spoke to him at waterpolo a week before the race and his words were 'Slowly catch a monkey" - not a lot slow about what he's been doing though. He's got seriously impressive mental strength, definitely going to have to buy him a few beers... this is a few notches up from La Ruta, Cape Epic etc that he's done before. 

Meanwhile at the back Karina Britz is still on the course although the cut off Icon has passed her, I wonder if she's just riding to see how far she can get or will they pull her off at the next WP. Jaco Cromhout and Max Menzies are the next riders underthreat.

DG is doing alright given hes torn a bicep and broken a rib via a collision with a gate way earlier in the race.

DG is doing alright given hes torn a bicep and broken a rib via a collision with a gate way earlier in the race.

Can you imagine riding those roads with a broken rib??!? nuts I tell you.

He did what?..oh heaven's.. these guys are a different kind of tough

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like one hectic climb...just looked at the "dot" MM and current speed 7.6km/h or he just relaxing up the climb.

loxton seems to be the place to be! Starting to get some FOMO :w00t: , whats happening there?

After many years of riding in the Karoo, it is the way I tackle it, as much due to the wind as well as the heat. Sleep from 12:00-16:00 and then cane it through the night.