www.weardirect.co.za  :whistling: 

Postage is free  ;)

Awesome thanks!

And with regards to sizing etc how would i go about getting the correct fitment?

TIA

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thanks!

And with regards to sizing etc how would i go about getting the correct fitment?

TIA

All the products have sizing charts, usually just requires a chest measurement or the like. We're a South African company, so we really try keep our sizing in line with standard South African sizes, so if you were a large t-shirt, you'll wear our large cycling jersey. We can also make exchanges on items that don't fit. Hope that helps

All the products have sizing charts, usually just requires a chest measurement or the like. We're a South African company, so we really try keep our sizing in line with standard South African sizes, so if you were a large t-shirt, you'll wear our large cycling jersey. We can also make exchanges on items that don't fit. Hope that helps

Awesome thanks man

MphatiPyga we make a trail jersey which comes in Long Sleeve and a 3/4 length sleeve. It's a V-neck, tailored, but casual fitting top with hidden inset zip pockets at the back. We're busy producing a stock version so I don't have much in the way of pics at the moment, but we did make them for the National BMX team and they loved them.

attachicon.gifAnatomic Trail Jersey.jpg

Looks good, looking forward to seeing the stock versions so I can show the others!!

so a bit of endorsement here.

I bought a pair of the "silver" graded Anatomic bibs from Astra Cycles when I got back into cycling again.

These are now about 14/15 years old. 

Have seen many a long ride and a good couple of 24hr rides, yet they still just fit so well that they are still my favourite pair of bibs. No creasing of the chamois and the lycra has surprisingly worn very well .... stitching is also still 100%.

Unfortunately due to their age, they can no longer be worn without a pair of baggies over them :P

I also have a "Gary Fisher / CWC" branded anatomic top that I bought when working at CWC after leaving school .... top still fits well, and colour has not faded like one would have expected. The fabric is a bit dated, but this is to be expected. BTW, this was the first top I bought when starting cycling.

So thanks for many years of great wear!

so a bit of endorsement here.

I bought a pair of the "silver" graded Anatomic bibs from Astra Cycles when I got back into cycling again.

These are now about 14/15 years old. 

Have seen many a long ride and a good couple of 24hr rides, yet they still just fit so well that they are still my favourite pair of bibs. No creasing of the chamois and the lycra has surprisingly worn very well .... stitching is also still 100%.

Unfortunately due to their age, they can no longer be worn without a pair of baggies over them :P

I also have a "Gary Fisher / CWC" branded anatomic top that I bought when working at CWC after leaving school .... top still fits well, and colour has not faded like one would have expected. The fabric is a bit dated, but this is to be expected. BTW, this was the first top I bought when starting cycling.

So thanks for many years of great wear!

Thanks Hairy, glad to know our gear does the job and can stand the test of time  :thumbup:

As a lady I feel that the anatomic bibs WERE by far the best fit and padding, but recently you change the pink padding to a new red version. According to your office the red padding is only a reverse from the pink - I differ. The red is not so comfortable, much 'warmer' and it feels much more sweaty. It is really sorry as I (and my female cycling friends) will now have to find a new bib that will give us the same comfort as your previous range.

MphatiPyga we make a trail jersey which comes in Long Sleeve and a 3/4 length sleeve. It's a V-neck, tailored, but casual fitting top with hidden inset zip pockets at the back. We're busy producing a stock version so I don't have much in the way of pics at the moment, but we did make them for the National BMX team and they loved them.

attachicon.gifAnatomic Trail Jersey.jpg

Do you have a pricing guide for one-off custom BMX jerseys?

As a lady I feel that the anatomic bibs WERE by far the best fit and padding, but recently you change the pink padding to a new red version. According to your office the red padding is only a reverse from the pink - I differ. The red is not so comfortable, much 'warmer' and it feels much more sweaty. It is really sorry as I (and my female cycling friends) will now have to find a new bib that will give us the same comfort as your previous range.

Accelerate, thanks for the message... really sorry the new Ergonomic padding hasn't quite worked out for you. It's the first complaint I have heard I must say, but I do luckily have an easy enough fix for you and your friends (there have to be some perks to being a local factory). We can either replace the paddings with the old pink ones for a nominal fee, or if you want to order new shorts we can make you up some stock ones with the old padding in? It's your call. Just drop Pieter at our Joburg Factory shop an email (shop@anatomic.co.za) with sizes/cuts etc and he will sort you out. Usually takes around two weeks for a custom stock order.

On paper the new padding should really be the same, it should just be better if anything as the moulding allows for smoother edges and greater longevity, but we don't live on paper I guess... I will investigate further.

Thanks for the feedback and support

Do you have a pricing guide for one-off custom BMX jerseys?

Layercake, single run jerseys are pretty much unaffordable as all the setup cost (design/layout/colour matching etc) and admin on creating just one jersey is the same as a run of 100 jerseys.

I'd hazard a guess around R2500 for just one jersey, but the moment you get the numbers up a bit, let's say 10 jerseys, you'll probably already be around R450 a top. If you want some more finite pricing drop me a pm and I will put you in touch with the correct rep for your region.

Any chance that the ladies will be getting a stock trail jersey too? If I may give some of my own preferences: NO elastic, relaxed fit, short sleeved (not sleeveless though), round neck with 1/3 or 1/2 length zipper.

I currently own some Anatomic "Crater Cruise" jerseys. Bought them oversized and had the elastic removed. Nice fabric. Close to perfect :D

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by 2bliss

Layercake, single run jerseys are pretty much unaffordable as all the setup cost (design/layout/colour matching etc) and admin on creating just one jersey is the same as a run of 100 jerseys.

I'd hazard a guess around R2500 for just one jersey, but the moment you get the numbers up a bit, let's say 10 jerseys, you'll probably already be around R450 a top. If you want some more finite pricing drop me a pm and I will put you in touch with the correct rep for your region.

I guessed as much. Will get back to you on that.

Accelerate, thanks for the message... really sorry the new Ergonomic padding hasn't quite worked out for you. It's the first complaint I have heard I must say, but I do luckily have an easy enough fix for you and your friends (there have to be some perks to being a local factory). We can either replace the paddings with the old pink ones for a nominal fee, or if you want to order new shorts we can make you up some stock ones with the old padding in? It's your call. Just drop Pieter at our Joburg Factory shop an email (shop@anatomic.co.za) with sizes/cuts etc and he will sort you out. Usually takes around two weeks for a custom stock order.

On paper the new padding should really be the same, it should just be better if anything as the moulding allows for smoother edges and greater longevity, but we don't live on paper I guess... I will investigate further.

Thanks for the feedback and support

Thank you for the reply.

I will definitely make use of your offer to made up bibs for us with the old padding.

This is what I call good service! Thanks.

Edited by Accelerate

Has anyone else experienced the gripper strips on bib shorts coming off after very little use? I bought a pair of bibs a while ago and the strips starting coming off. (Sadly I never got round to taking them back....not helped by lots of weight loss around that time so now they wouldn't fit anyway!)

Thank you for the reply.

I will definitely make use of your offer to made up bibs for us with the old padding.

This is what I call good service! Thanks.

Thanks Accelerate, glad we could make you happy

Has anyone else experienced the gripper strips on bib shorts coming off after very little use? I bought a pair of bibs a while ago and the strips starting coming off. (Sadly I never got round to taking them back....not helped by lots of weight loss around that time so now they wouldn't fit anyway!)

Fat Boab, we had a bit of a disaster with our gripper dots not being correctly cured for a production week a while back, early 2016 I think it was. It's a real egg on face moment and we can only apologise. The shorts should still function pretty much fine without them, but that was obviously never the plan. Some folks (our CEO included) prefer the clean lycra finish... but again, that's not what you bought into.

We've fixed most of the shorts free of charge, but obviously tarnished the reputation of some of our products with this mishap. We're obviously more than happy to fix yours, but since you've lost all this weight I'll also extend a 30% discount to you on your next pair of shorts should you be willing to trust us again (drop me a pm).

We've also recently upgraded to genuine silicone as well for all the gripper bands, so all future production shorts will have these hardier grippers...

My apologies again

Andrew