The lesser known Bike brands

Ispeed_V

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We struggle to keep up with him, so whatever he says, they treat him well.

but even if you put him on my 1989 diamondback, I'll struggle to keep up with him...

• 2 weeks later...

Lekker build and Bike Tchjina!

Thanks mate.

Unfortunately this was the bike I was riding in December when I fell and dislocated my elbow, so there is pressure from wifey to sell it :|   totally the bikes fault, right hahaha :P

• 5 months later...

A few word about Decathlon and their bike brand Btwin(now reverted again to Decathlon)...Its a french supermarket sports Chain that has now reached South Africa.The bikes have great specs are if you live in Europe are affordable and ride very well.The recent XCO mtb offering is again affordable and able to take on the trails in Europe very easily.

But...why are these bikes not here in SA? I honestly hope they get here because they would upset the normal big brands that are here on the market.

Because they won't have the margin for a decent GP. Landed cost would not be that competitive at all against the established brands here. Especially against the likes of Silverback and Titan who have surpassed value for money into performance as well. 

Besides, we have a glut of bike brands in this country compared to most European countries.

I wouldn't have considered Schwinn a lesser known brand, as they've been around since the 1800's and were freely available at one stage in a lot of lbses here. Their Rockets were lekker MTB's.

I wouldn't have considered Schwinn a lesser known brand, as they've been around since the 1800's and were freely available at one stage in a lot of lbses here. Their Rockets were lekker MTB's.

True... Its more a less popular brand. I see Schwinn have brought back the Paramount to the lineup. Looks very nice.

ill use this opportunity to show off my latest one again lol.

Soma Valhallen. Tange Prestige Steel.

Trail bike frame in 29" touring guise. Slap 140mm fork and shorter stem on, and it becomes hardcore hardtail. loving this bike.

post-64325-0-90360100-1560408072_thumb.jpeg
Edited by morneS555