The lesser known Bike brands

FondTF2

That design just screams shock servicing .....same deal with solid bikes 

Haha yeah but Propain took the liberty to add a tiny rear fender to protect the shock. FWIW

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Many in house UK brands... 

Vitus

Merlin

Ribble

Planet X

Vitus is a French brand that originated in the 60's. They pioneered Aluminium in alumium lugs bonded frames

Merlin as In Merlin cycles or Merlin as in Merlin Metalworks (merlinbikes.com) as the two are unrelated?

Not sure if I should post my Ralleigh here :whistling:

Seeing that they've gone back to being a super market brand, the real good ones are getting scarce, so post away.

looks like you could ride about 2 trillion miles on those tyres. well, you could...

nice bike btw... my old Kula's getting some TLC this holiday...

Odd thing. One doesn't see a great many KTMs here but KTM is Europe's biggest bike maker by volume - and they're actually made in Austria (not Taiwan). Or so I read...

looks like you could ride about 2 trillion miles on those tyres. well, you could...

nice bike btw... my old Kula's getting some TLC this holiday...

:clap:

Funny thing is I am actually looking at getting new ones, however they are a bit pricey. I paid R350 for some 29er TL tyres earlier this week but options are limited for the 26er. Might just get new wire bead ones, they can be had for less than R200 it seems. 

Can get these in SA now  :clap:

yip - we have had stock for just over a year - we will not be continuing with this brand and have 1 frame-kit up ON SALE here 

incredible piece of kit!!! 

we decided to focus on our own bikes and frame-kits. hopefully someone picks up the brand in SA as they are really fantastic and Mike Pryde is doing an amazing job with this new brand and range. 

post-121972-0-72395200-1544770787_thumb.jpg