Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good advice on this thread, I also noticed some misogynistic commentary. Good luck to all you single brothers.

I had an earful from someone over the weekend as its 3 years since my ex left...and why don't I find someone else...and why don't I move on ....and why don't I make an effort....blah blah blah blah blah!

If it wasn't my mates wench I would have just told them to sod off.... Why can't people accept that being single is a choice and for some, if something happens it happens, if it doesn't.....well bugger me....life still goes on and I can still ride my bike!

Have a lunch date tomorrow so smiling.

Other side of the fence, I had to block the Ex on WhatsApp due to hurtful comments

This is the usual thing that happens when your ex sees that you are moving on with your live and not sitting in a corner crying.

I had an earful from someone over the weekend as its 3 years since my ex left...and why don't I find someone else...and why don't I move on ....and why don't I make an effort....blah blah blah blah blah!

If it wasn't my mates wench I would have just told them to sod off.... Why can't people accept that being single is a choice and for some, if something happens it happens, if it doesn't.....well bugger me....life still goes on and I can still ride my bike!

I went through a devastating break up that really affected me negatively. I was then single for 4 years and absolutley loved it. Freedom to come and go as I pleased. In December of 2015 one of my clients gave me a friend of hers number and said that I should just go for a drink with the woman. I didn't bother, why would I? I was having a jol. 6 month later I got a message from this woman saying that we should go for a beer(MAJOR WIN). Its been just over year togther now and I'm happy as a pig in poop. I guess the old saying that the right person comes along when you're not looking is the truth.

I will add that we both live alone, so there is still that sense of freedom. I just bought her a bike and skills clinic sessions for the whole year. We're planning to do sani2sea next year.

Edited by Neil Neil Neil

Just got home from an absolute brilliant lunch with her and her mates. I am absolutely convinced that I need to spend more time with this lady. She is absolutely captivating. See how things progress.

how lovely to feel captivated by someone yeah?

and if you crack the nod with her mates - you're in :D hahaa - good luck and have fun.

Just got home from an absolute brilliant lunch with her and her mates. I am absolutely convinced that I need to spend more time with this lady. She is absolutely captivating. See how things progress.

go reread your post of 21 Dec and see how far you come and recognise the progress you have made mate...

Continuous small steps in the right direction, told you, keep it up dude!! 

Edit: and by that I mean your positive spirit, just before some of you dirty ones think its a naughty double entendre.

Oh dont be like that, we know there is always a double entendre where you are concerned :D

Ya. Amazing hey.

No more sorrow or longing in such a short time.

Obviousely was a hard marriage near the end hence a quicker recovery.

Also lots of help from ya'll.

Appreciate it.

You are doing great bro, Im sure its great to have some excitement back in your life. Just dont go rushing into things and take it as it comes.

Very happy for you in the way things have turned around.