Do you think you are tough?

Vetseun

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, why? I respect grit and determination. Anything can be done if we keep moving forward. But, finishing by pushing through an injury like that is another thing entirely. Call it a day, and go back next year stronger. That injury is going to need some serious down time. 

We do these sports for fun. Sometimes I think we forget that, and become so focused on results that everything else becomes secondary. 

But, why? I respect grit and determination. Anything can be done if we keep moving forward. But, finishing by pushing through an injury like that is another thing entirely. Call it a day, and go back next year stronger. That injury is going to need some serious down time. 

We do these sports for fun. Sometimes I think we forget that, and become so focused on results that everything else becomes secondary.

Some things just have to be completed. Not negotiable. Despite her physical strength, her mental strength must be next level.

Some things just have to be completed. Not negotiable. Despite her physical strength, her mental strength must be next level.

But why?

Ever heard of the term "flogging a dead horse"?

The world doesn't need another dead hero.

Pointless exercise.

Why do you say mental strength? Intellectual stupidity for not understanding the physical consequences

As you say, that mental strength, next time she is in a very dark place the mind remembers that it was there before and survived.

You have to admire her mental strength but really have to question the rationality. As far as injuries go you should never treat injuries to hands and feet lightly. The chances are much greater for losing a finger or toe or even a hand or foot.

Tough or stupid there is a fine line.  Yes be tough when the going gets tough... but being stupid when personal injury is at the forefront is just that!!

Been there done that.... there is a time and a place to be tough and fight your battles.... but being tough is also to know when to walk away and fight another day!!

But why?

Ever heard of the term "flogging a dead horse"?

The world doesn't need another dead hero.

Pointless exercise.

Why do you say mental strength? Intellectual stupidity for not understanding the physical consequences

Not too smart in my opinion....

I don't understand what the big deal is about this.

Yes, it would have been painful during the event and after, and there is a risk of infection.

BUT, those are just blisters going wrong, and will heal much faster and better than typical sports injuries like ITB, Plantar Fasciitis, broken bones, stress fractures etc.  But when people complete an event after suffering severe ITB, its just seen as being tough.