Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I'm secure in my masculinity that I'm not going to freak about a pink board and I have too many other worries in my life to actually give it a second thought. 

One thing I do know is that I like my steak properly pink and pink was originally the colour for males as it was stronger colour than the dainty blue (associated with the clothes of the Virgin Mary) that was use for girls colours well into the 20th century. 

Go figure. 

Edited by Yo-yo

It has to be said that this board would look quite at home on a bike with a hello kitty decal and training wheels.

I take a lot of pride in my cycling appearance and am known around my LBS as a snappy dresser. My lurid orange arm warmers and stay wider of tue wider rider lumo shirt with my very hungry caterpillar socks for road riding atteact many admiring glances.

This board will jeopardise years of effort I have put into my carefully curated cycling look.

One has to ask... would chuck norris put this candy striped my little pony board on his steed. I think not.

That's my take on pink...

I don't own anything pink. 

My wife almost ended up groom-less because she had a brain fart that I would wear a pink shirt to our wedding. I merely informed her if that be the case, I don't pitch up. She relented.

I am not telling anyone else what they should like, but to me, pink is just wrong. As for my daughter, she loves pink, and it looks great on her. Her and mommy can pink out as much as they want. Me, I don't do pink.

Alas, now I am being forced to accede to having some pink on my gunmetal grey bike. 

...thought about it, and nope, I am not willing to concede that I like the idea. I will get one, but it's done under duress, because the trails are that good. #dammit. First world problems.

just buy a "Dependant" membership for your daughter .... WHITE board for the dependants :)

Now I will surely have second thoughts about a pink board on my bike .... but, MAN, will I be in trouble if I "steal" the white board for my bike and put the pink board on Maritz's BLUE bike ... that may just end his cycling career early ....  :whistling:   :devil:

Guess I will just have to get colour matching socks ...., nice SHORT ones ... VERY short ones ...  :devil:

Alas, now I am being forced to accede to having some pink on my gunmetal grey bike

It’s a known fact that grey and pink go really well together.