Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

I've updated all the maps ages ago but as far as I know the website hasn't been updated yet. The signs at the trail heads are current AFAIK

Sorry for my ignorance as i'm not sure how you make the map, but could it be expected to a gpx? So one can plot in advance

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time do these trails close? Getting my weekend warrior back on and would be great to fit in a ride after work during the week.

Trail access: Sunrise to Sunset ONLY.

This means you stay off the trail until the sun has risen, and you get off the trail before it as set again. Easy. Traverse, also be off by 17:30.

As for Traverse and the various other corridors, ONLY for (paid up) Tygerberg MTB members. 

Does anybody perhaps have an updated route map for Meerendal? Since the recent changes they've made I never quite know if I'm finishing my ride on the right route. I've also come across a lot more people asking for directions lately which makes me believe I'm not the only one that's a little confused.  :blush:

Does anybody perhaps have an updated route map for Meerendal? Since the recent changes they've made I never quite know if I'm finishing my ride on the right route. I've also come across a lot more people asking for directions lately which makes me believe I'm not the only one that's a little confused.  :blush:

I've just updated the routes and sent on the maps to Tygerberg MTB club and I believe they'll have a new website with updated maps on it soon.

I've just updated the routes and sent on the maps to Tygerberg MTB club and I believe they'll have a new website with updated maps on it soon.

Do you mind posting it here as well ?

Been a fun time over the last few months ... each time we go there something else has changed ....  :whistling:   :w00t:   certainly entertaining  :thumbup:

But yes, coming off the trail seems to be wierd at best ....

The one thing we MISS - an easy finish after the ride over the dam wall.  The bit around the vineyard is fine.  But by then Maritz is too tired for the next long hill and further leg....

There are postings on the Tygerberg facebook page regarding some of the changes but the lower section around the dam and vineyards is changing regularly as a result of building work. I'd suggest a 2nd loop of the upper portions and skip the lower parts in the interim. The trail entrance is as per the attached pic.

post-7002-0-73324900-1538592708_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Was just posted on the club FB page WDH (wat de hel) - if you cant climb it walk it...

On Sunday I was contacted by one of our landowners, with a complaint of riders climbing over a fence on his farm, to avoid doing a certain part (climb) of the trail - the fence is damaged as a result, but more than that, folk this is just bad manners - so unless you are Danny MacAskill who can front-flip a fence, keep your (lazy) bottom in the saddle and pedal dammit .....or get an E-Bike 1f642.png:-) Jokes aside, ladies and gents, PLEASE recognize that we are always just guests on someone else's property. #peaceout

Was just posted on the club FB page WDH (wat de hel) - if you cant climb it walk it...

On Sunday I was contacted by one of our landowners, with a complaint of riders climbing over a fence on his farm, to avoid doing a certain part (climb) of the trail - the fence is damaged as a result, but more than that, folk this is just bad manners - so unless you are Danny MacAskill who can front-flip a fence, keep your (lazy) bottom in the saddle and pedal dammit .....or get an E-Bike 1f642.png:-) Jokes aside, ladies and gents, PLEASE recognize that we are always just guests on someone else's property. #peaceout

I'm curious, what part of the trail is this?

maybe that climb out of hoogekraal back to faircape.  cause you climb out and then decent down the fence again before turning right to that section next to the tar road.  but that is purely speculation at this point.

Was wondering the same thing, but they didn't specify.  Also complaints of Gel packet on spyker so not a good weekend for TBMC.  shocking.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tygerbergmtb/

On a side, 2 weeks ago I disturbed a massive snake while going up Spyker's climb. Scared the living daylights out of me. Yesterday back on Hoogekraal, already paranoid, encountered another (small) snake as I entered Hoogekraal from the fair cape side and then another bigger one crossing the singletrack on the Cobra climb. That was it... made a beeline for the exit and went and ride Bloemendal (I would have climbed the fence if it meant getting out of there quicker..  :ph34r: )