Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

Can someone confirm if any trail running is allowed on the trails (Not talking Meerendal)

We encounted someone while climbing up to the mast on conties, and he said "but I have a permit and he HAD one, the one the club sells. But as far as I know that is for riding only and the club has never sold permits for running or did I miss something?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, only on Meerendal (which is not under TGMTB jurisdiction), and then a section or two on lower Bloemendal, but not sure which it is.

Can someone confirm if any trail running is allowed on the trails (Not talking Meerendal)

We encounted someone while climbing up to the mast on conties, and he said "but I have a permit and he HAD one, the one the club sells. But as far as I know that is for riding only and the club has never sold permits for running or did I miss something?

From the TMTBC rules (http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/clubrules.html):

Trail Running

No trail running on any of the TygerbergMTB club and associated singletrack is allowed. Land access has been negotiated for mountainbiking where members are clearly identfiable via bike boards only. Bloemendal and Meerendal do however allow running on the jeeptracks on the respective farms.

Edit: This does not count for Majik forest which is public land and hikers/runners/walkers/dogs are allowed.

Edited by Chavo

From the TMTBC rules (http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/clubrules.html):

Trail Running

No trail running on any of the TygerbergMTB club and associated singletrack is allowed. Land access has been negotiated for mountainbiking where members are clearly identfiable via bike boards only. Bloemendal and Meerendal do however allow running on the jeeptracks on the respective farms.

Edit: This does not count for Majik forest which is public land and hikers/runners/walkers/dogs are allowed.

But the climb up the mast is not singletrack and can be reached from the bottom via the jeep track road?

But the climb up the mast is not singletrack and can be reached from the bottom via the jeep track road?

Are you talking about Conties? 

As far as I know, only on Meerendal (which is not under TGMTB jurisdiction), and then a section or two on lower Bloemendal, but not sure which it is.

It would be nice if the club could let the members know where this is allowed and if the runners need a permit etc.

It would be nice if the club could let the members know where this is allowed and if the runners need a permit etc.

Doesn't bother me much, as I do not ride lower Bloemendal that often.

But yeah, more info would be welcomed.

Doesn't bother me much, as I do not ride lower Bloemendal that often.

But yeah, more info would be welcomed.

Not that it bothers me personally but, I am worried people start running where they should not and then we all loose access to the trails

I believe only the jeeptrack at Bloemendal, NO SINGLETRACK RUNNING IS ALLOWED.

So if you find a runner on the ST (i.e. someone without a bicycle with him) ride over him / her, as they are not allowed to be there.  :whistling:  :ph34r:  :devil:

Are you talking about Conties? 

Yes? My guess is the trail runners don't really belong there, but yes - strictly speaking they are not on the singletrack.

Yes? My guess is the trail runners don't really belong there, but yes - strictly speaking they are not on the singletrack.

Conties is separate from TBMTC and as far as I know, the dont allow running at all.

There are signs on Conties specifically stating " No Trail Running " amongst a few others like no dogs or fishing etc.

I have encountered runners on Conties and Hoogies both on the single track and they gave way so did not bother me never knew they weren't allowed.

What time of day have you guys seen the most snakes?

have seen snakes around 10h but then again I have seen some on a night ride at Bloemendal, its not like they have a time schedule most probably won't be out in peak heat of the day most likely in the shade then. ????????

I have been lucky ot have only encountered 1 poisonous 1 that I know of.

Don't want to know how many I passed in the long grass at Meerendal last weekend they seriously need to cut that back more.

Edited by Me rida my bicycle