Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

Not saying one should be THAT dickish and if you see someone not slow down. That'd would be idiotic. But should you not see an ascending rider until last minute then yeah it's easier for them to pull over than for you. Not that you shouldn't try. 

If you haven't seen an ascending ride till the last minute the chances are they haven't seen you either so as the rider with the speed and maneuverability it would still be incumbent upon the descending rider to avoid/yield the trail. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't seen an ascending ride till the last minute the chances are they haven't seen you either so as the rider with the speed and maneuverability it would still be incumbent upon the descending rider to avoid/yield the trail. 

People have ears too you know. Both are looking out and obs. both will attempt to avoid an incident. Nobody want's to get hurt. You're scrolling back faaaaaaarrr

you guy's sound like you need to spend more time in the saddle!

No amount of extra TITS is going to easily rid me of the executive muscle I carry around...been there, tried that. I now ride status quo.

People have ears too you know. Both are looking out and obs. both will attempt to avoid an incident. Nobody want's to get hurt. You're scrolling back faaaaaaarrr

In places like Tokai hearing doesn’t help because the foliage absorbs a lot of the sound and makes it difficult to determine where the rider is. Lastly the trail isn’t wide enough

Just on the whole tough climbs chat going on, don't rule out that little monster called Bloemenhill at the bottom of the Bloemendaaler.

I get to about 80-90% from the top, but then have to get off my bike as my heart rate is pushing the late 180's.

It's often a bit slippery in there from the tree canopy and you also need to generate quite a bit of wattage around a few of those switchbacks.

True dat. The Mast would be one helluva hill repeat, that's for sure.

A hill repeat isn't an hour + grind up a big hill.

It's a hard short effort followed by a short rest and repeat. Hence the term. Hill Repeat

Doing the same hill twice doesn't make it a hill repeat.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

willing doing a hill repeatedly = a sign on insanity :P

It's a hard short effort followed by a short rest and repeat. Hence the term. Hill Repeat

I was more referring to the last section, from the shuttle turnaround point and up. Repeat 4 times, collapse. This will just be a longer repeat session. Plenty scope to have more than just HIIT. I'm more of a HIT guy. No intervals, just high intensity all the time.  :w00t:

In places like Tokai hearing doesn’t help because the foliage absorbs a lot of the sound and makes it difficult to determine where the rider is. Lastly the trail isn’t wide enough

Tokai is fine, as all the trails apart from Faerie and Booulders are unidirectional. In any case, even when Vasbyt was a dual direction trail, 4 years ago, the rule in tokai is still descenders get ROW. 

I was more referring to the last section, from the shuttle turnaround point and up. Repeat 4 times, collapse. This will just be a longer repeat session. Plenty scope to have more than just HIIT. I'm more of a HIT guy. No intervals, just high intensity all the time.  :w00t:

Don't forget to drop a load of hash tags to make it more legit.