Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

I reckon it doesn't matter what grade of trail you choose to ride be it green,red,blue or black it is how you aggressively and fast you choose to ride,that will determine the skills needed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive said it before....

This was a useful thread for us that actually wanted to know what is happening on with the club and trails.

Now its just a bunch of opinionated 'cool' okes having a pissing contest.

Luckily i can choose not to follow. 

You sound pretty cool too bro.

I thought this was a forum?

Ive said it before....

This was a useful thread for us that actually wanted to know what is happening on with the club and trails.

I don't think that's absolutely true - the proper riders (by this I mean broadly anyone who does the gap jumps) do tend to look down on we mere mamils but that's maybe true in all sports. 

I do think it's useful to banter about the grading of the trails - and as those in the know point out - the majority of the thousands of TGMTB members are middle of the pack and beginners and so we are the target market.

Also - we all love riding bikes and I reckon we've all crashed and hurt ourselves too so we have that in common.

Ive said it before....

I actually found the recent banter very useful, can now convince by mates that we should try black rhino even though it's graded black.

Will definitely be done carefully though - I had a reminder to check myself at Conties two weeks ago. Ambition overcame ability and I got way to cheeky in cheeky corners, even managed to introduce my left cheek to one of the corners.

Soft tissue sprain in the left hand and wrist meant no riding till to today, and my wrist still wasn't comfortable through the mildly rocky parts of lombards.

I actually found the recent banter very useful, can now convince by mates that we should try black rhino even though it's graded black.

Will definitely be done carefully though - I had a reminder to check myself at Conties two weeks ago. Ambition overcame ability and I got way to cheeky in cheeky corners, even managed to introduce my left cheek to one of the corners.

Soft tissue sprain in the left hand and wrist meant no riding till to today, and my wrist still wasn't comfortable through the mildly rocky parts of lombards.

Cornering is easy, but difficult to get good at. Takes loads of time and practice, something I need a lot more of!

EDIT: Oh, the 2 pallet jumps are not compulsory features, so you can go around em if you want to. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

I've got a pair of oakley photochromic lenses with scratches from where I danced to cheek to cheek with one of those corners too

I use the trail grading to compare trails at the same venue i.e. a blue trail at Conties will be easier than a black at Hoogekraal as they are both in Tygerberg.  The trail gradings at Tokai, Jonkers etc are not established by the same "panel" so we shouldn't be comparing apples with pears.

Just read my own post and I sound like Captain Obvious?

Isnt the segment "short enduro to jump" above supertubes also a blue? and thats got a rock garden too... whats the difference?

That jump is also bigger than either of the 2 on rhino.

I dont believe it is. Starts with Super Tubes but branches off I'll check next time I'm there if there is signage but almost certain its marked black.

post-3951-0-62568300-1574169705_thumb.jpg

more importantly ... anyone know if the beer garden and pizza place is going to still happen at Conters?

or is the rumour I heard fake news?

more importantly ... anyone know if the beer garden and pizza place is going to still happen at Conters?

or is the rumour I heard fake news?

It's there, just waiting for licensing to be sorted before they can start selling beer. It's all nice and shiny inside, with the workings visible behind a glass enclosure. 

Isnt the segment "short enduro to jump" above supertubes also a blue? and thats got a rock garden too... whats the difference?

That jump is also bigger than either of the 2 on rhino.

Ok if this is that road gap\pallet jump you are talking about then it's definitely black.

post-3951-0-96167200-1574171824_thumb.jpg

Edited by milky4130

It's there, just waiting for licensing to be sorted before they can start selling beer. It's all nice and shiny inside, with the workings visible behind a glass enclosure. 

Surely they could sell pizza already and offer a free beer after a recommended donation is made?