Rider, Hubber Flemish Lion, down in Northcliff

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a ton for the update, 6th. Is he out of ICU yet?

Jo hasn't mentioned anything to this effect, but the drain from his lung has been removed some days ago and she is seeing if she can get a wheel chair for him so she can take him to see his boys. So by the sounds of it he is getting strong and probably won't need to be in ICU for much longer.

I'm sure he is on pain meds, just not the morphine drip. Probably don't want him to get too used to it for long term reasons  as I have heard it is a bit cumbersome racing a bike with one of these stuck in a vein ;)

You can get it in ampules too... should fit in a jersey pocket quite comfortably... next to his spare tube...

You can get it in ampules too... should fit in a jersey pocket quite comfortably... next to his spare tube...

Of course, how could I have forgotten, it's the same ones you mentioned that you got a TUE for!

Of course, how could I have forgotten, it's the same ones you mentioned that you got a TUE for!

No no... thats salbutamol....

Update from Jo:

Pls continue to pray for Tijl. He is on bed rest again due to clots in right leg vein. Probably from not moving for so long. His leg is swollen. No physio & no kids visits. He also has a bladder infection and a temperature.

They will start him on blood thinners & monitor him for at least another 1.5weeks in ICU before he can move to a rehab centre.

On a positive note, he is starting to be less confused about things & we took the kids to wave at him from the entrance. They havent seen him since the accident on the 27th Feb. His two operations went well and the day before yesterday he managed to walk a few steps with a walker. He is also managing to respond a bit via whatsap.

All the best with the recovery. Always terrible to read these 'rider down' threads but glad there is one where we can read about the subsequent recovery.

Joh... just went through the whole thread now. Heal up, FL. Glad to see there's positive change going on, just keep at it. Keep fighting, one day at a time.

Terrible thing to happen to anyone. 

Update from Jo:

Pls continue to pray for Tijl. He is on bed rest again due to clots in right leg vein. Probably from not moving for so long. His leg is swollen. No physio & no kids visits. He also has a bladder infection and a temperature.

They will start him on blood thinners & monitor him for at least another 1.5weeks in ICU before he can move to a rehab centre.

On a positive note, he is starting to be less confused about things & we took the kids to wave at him from the entrance. They havent seen him since the accident on the 27th Feb. His two operations went well and the day before yesterday he managed to walk a few steps with a walker. He is also managing to respond a bit via whatsap.

Wow, sounds like a real battle. Can just imagine how traumatic it must be for the family. 

Update from Jo:

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like a hell of a hill to climb.  But one thing is certain.  He loves battles and always win.

Strongs bud.  

Wow....thanks for updates. Speedy recovery to you Sir, i dont know you personally but you sounds like a real fighter!!!