Recovery drinks??

_Daemon_

I think they all come form the same recipe book and made in the same factory (in Taiwan?) just labeled differently....

Chocolate milk, gulped down between and honey / bannana spread on bread - add peanut butter if you dont want the choc milk.

I get my High Five from Hotspot cycles in pretoria but has also seen it at Morne Bester cycles and running inn.Unfortunately the protein recovery drinks and protein bars is so good tasting that it gets sold out quikly so I always book mine in advance.Be carefull to keep it away from the kids because it tastes better than a wimpy milkshake.Do yourself a favour and try it.

Best tasting recovery drink product I've used is the Cyctomax one.  Haven't seen it araound for a while.

I have a name and details of someone in PE who is direct importer of Cytomax.

Let me know if you want it.

FIT - Duratrain. Yip it does taste bad but worked for us at Sabie experience last year!

Ditto FiT but am OK with the taste. Have you tried the choc flavour?  I also use the FiT Glutagrow tabs which aids recovery

Evox Glycopro. Excellent.  Well priced bit like eggnog but thats the protien.The berry is quite mwakak but orange is good only need 250ml the colder the better so freeze a small water bottle and let it defrost in the ca rwhile you ride. Recovery drinks must be had within 10 - 20 min of finishing. the best it seems is a 1;4 1:3 protein to carbs.  alsodont premix.

ALso a protein drink last meal at night is good for muscle reocvery.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colonel

Energy Dynamics Ignite is good or a shot of Testosterone..oh sh*t this will turn into a doping thread sorry.

Without sounding like Manto i eat beetroot at the end of every long hard ride.Works like a bomb.Has a very high sugar content as well as many other things that help increase the Heamoglobin in the blood.Tip i got from Sauser,the first thing he ate after every stage of the Epic.

I read in an advert in Bicycling about a USN product called GAK tek or GAK something. The first ingredient that it mentioned was Growth Hormone. Surely this is illegal? or is this something different to the GH that pros get 2 year bans for??

In one of the doping discussions someone (can't remember who) contacted a bunch of the "supplement" manufacturers and I think that USN responded that one of their products did have a growth hormone. I can't remember if it was actually on the "banned list" but the impression I got was that it would be bad news.

Last week I went to buy my usual plain chocolate milk USN Protein recovery drink and guess what - it now has an added growth hormone factor. I changed my drink!

I guess the lesson is that you need to be careful about what you consume in the form of supplements.

Last week I went to buy my usual plain chocolate milk USN Protein recovery drink and guess what - it now has an added growth hormone factor. I changed my drink!

I guess the lesson is that you need to be careful about what you consume in the form of supplements.

none of the stuff you can buy off the shelf will have actual growth hormone in it - all they have are GH precursers - what this means is that some of this stuff is said to increase the production of GH in the body - if you really go into the detail of the research done on this you would see that it is mostly crap.

watch out for some of the USN stuff (and other brands) containing synephrine & octopamine - i think mostly the fat burners have this - then again if you cycle a fat burner will do nothing for you aside from hampering your performance.

http://www.brasseries-kronenbourg.com/_corporate/marques/media/carlsberg/b_carlsberg.jpg

Hmmm, chocolate milk and Beer. The rest of the stuff is pretty much crap! Well, I suppose you can skip the beer if you like but you shouldn't.

I have my own concoction, or actualy I got it from an article they did with Ryk Neethling, and added a few things.

After a 2+ hours of hard training I use the folowing as a recovery drink/meal.

1 scoop muscle fuel (or whatever carb/protein mix you use)

1 Banana

1 teaspoon L-glutamine

1 tablespoon Horlicks

1 tablespoon peanutbutter

1 wheatbix

1 handfull muesli (I use Nature harvest crispy crunch cause I hate fruit in Muesli)

Mix in blender with water until it is like a milkshake, taste very good and is about 500ml, so it is a meal on its own.

• 4 weeks later...