[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like rain. A Lot of rain.

saw this, that place will get really k*k at places with the rain...

the organizers seka looking forward to it after Kingdom Enduro

saw this, that place will get really k*k at places with the rain...

the organizers seka looking forward to it after Kingdom Enduro

Nooooo, definitely NOT looking forward to uber mud after Kingdom Enduro. That was particularly ***. Awesome at the time and a cool experience in the mud, but not exactly something I would like to repeat so soon afterwards :P

Looks like rain. A Lot of rain.

Ya I saw that - 19mm predicted. Bear in mind that Hoogies might as well be on another planet when it comes to rain predicted for the Southern Burbs and the Boland. So maybe it will get rid of the dust, but mud, I have my doubts? 

Ya I saw that - 19mm predicted. Bear in mind that Hoogies might as well be on another planet when it comes to rain predicted for the Southern Burbs and the Boland. So maybe it will get rid of the dust, but mud, I have my doubts? 

ya, i'll bet that dust is going to turn into tread-deep levels of super slippy peanutbutterlike goop that sticks to anything and everything. If it doesn't rain long enough that is..

I just hope the area is drenched before the race. super wet soil is so much better than just moist.

If the rain fall is as predicted, Hoogies will be muddy. The amount of dust at present is conducive to the event being a messy affair. 

But honestly, right now rain trumps fun.

If memory serves, Hoogies drains rather well

If 19mm of rain falls, unless there are underfloor pipes and pumps, the trails are going to be sodden, gritty and a mess.

I'm glad I don't have to decide if I'm coming or not!

If 19mm of rain falls, unless there are underfloor pipes and pumps, the trails are going to be sodden, gritty and a mess.

I'm glad I don't have to decide if I'm coming or not!

been so long that we have had decent rain that 19mm is incomprehensible 

YR says rain Sunday but the hard rain comes in the arvo. And Windguru says no rain Sunday. Only rain on Monday.

I'm so confused now.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Trying to guess the weather is like seeing a fortune teller. Best to let the weather play itself out regardless. 

The saying goes that if you are waiting for the weather to improve in Cape Town, you are never going to do anything.

So my 2 cents is that if you are keen to do the enduro, ride it regardless, and celebrate it being wet (if it is), and if not, go have a jol. (But in saying that, if it does drop 19mm on Sunday morning, Hoogies is going to a right mess.) Gnar factor to increase exponentially. Pity the okes who have to wash their bikes after...

I will be very interested to see the effects of muddy tires begging for grip over that rock in the Cobra... :eek: I still suffer from some poo-escape when I ride over that thing

19mm on Sunday. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

where do you okes get you weather predictions? Angus 'ThedroughtwillbeoverbytheendofMarch' Potatohead?

where do you okes get you weather predictions? Angus 'ThedroughtwillbeoverbytheendofMarch' Potatohead?

That's blasphemy ????????????

I live in hope..... (I just saw someone wrote 19mm earlier in the thread)

I don't mind. I have a little 42km trail run in Oorlogskloof the Saturday and the waves look awesome Sunday, rain or shine. 

Bring out the single speeds and get the thermals out of their mothballs if the prediction is correct though!

you seem to follow angus big time bro