Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The obsession with wind continues :ph34r:

Seems like the predicted wind speeds are coming down a bit. Nowhere near a completely calm day yet, but anything close to 10km/h should make the day bearable.

Think the backmarkers need some wind just to keep the temperatures in check on the day. Very little cloud cover around noon means some serious challenges for everyone starting after 8AM.

post-27827-0-32876900-1542265822_thumb.jpg

Heads up, number collection still very quiet so two seconds to collect. Expo is the usual rip off. Every day same prices just that most suppliers/stores are in one place to take your cash. First assent shorts cheaper at sportsman's if you use vitality discount

The obsession with wind continues :ph34r:

Seems like the predicted wind speeds are coming down a bit. Nowhere near a completely calm day yet, but anything close to 10km/h should make the day bearable.

Think the backmarkers need some wind just to keep the temperatures in check on the day. Very little cloud cover around noon means some serious challenges for everyone starting after 8AM.

Nice little headwind for the M1 section. It could be much worse though. 

The HUGE RRP discounts lol

Heads up, number collection still very quiet so two seconds to collect. Expo is the usual rip off. Every day same prices just that most suppliers/stores are in one place to take your cash. First assent shorts cheaper at sportsman's if you use vitality discount

Suppliers have to pay to be there and it's not cheap.  I know of one event where over a two day expo they were told to provide there own overnight security or take their stock out!  No excuses about pricing but I wouldn't bother to be an exhibitor.

So i guess this did NOT happen ???  :ph34r:  :whistling:  :devil:

This year, we’re delighted to announce that NAMEDSPORT have officially come on board as the Official Sports Nutrition Partner to the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge and Mountain Bike race. NAMEDSPORT will be providing their specially formulated drink, HydraFit, in cyclists’ race packs for the Mountain Bike challenge as well as the main event, the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge.

Collected two numbers, quick and easy

Shock horror..no goodie bag
You can collect a telkom water bottle though if you really want one

So i guess this did NOT happen ??? :ph34r: :whistling: :devil:

This year, we’re delighted to announce that NAMEDSPORT have officially come on board as the Official Sports Nutrition Partner to the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge and Mountain Bike race. NAMEDSPORT will be providing their specially formulated drink, HydraFit, in cyclists’ race packs for the Mountain Bike challenge as well as the main event, the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge.

There was a HydraFit sample in my envelope.

So i guess this did NOT happen ???  :ph34r:  :whistling:  :devil:

Didnt check in my envelope yet

Still no goodie bag though  :w00t: