Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think they should make it the 104.7 km race. Stop trying to be smart with sponsors and make it a proper length that people can stop saying Argus is harder, Shova is easier cos of all the extra downhill, Joburgs toughest race, etc etc blah blah.

What is the Tour Durban like? Never ridden it, but based on the Amashova which I've always enjoyed I'm wondering what TD route and vibe is like.

I haven't done it for a few years, but it was a lekker ride with full closure and only a few thousand riders. All in all n all a lekker day out....

I think everyone needs to HTFU and ride whichever route to EARN the finishers medal not dictate and complain about routes and difficulty. It is the same as the able bodied doing races on an e-bike scenario - how did you exactly EARN your finishers medal??? By EARNing enough money to buy and e-bike and thus buy your medal rather than putting in the effort for it right???

The cancer of our society that want everything but do not want to put in the effort for it.

Do the training.

Ride the hard route.

Earn your finishers medal.

IMO. 2c added.

Are we allowed to complain about the goodie bag ?

(asking for a friend)

That race was, and still is, organised by the same club... question is, do you know the club?

First event took place in 1984.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cresta Wheelers?

Cresta Wheelers?

Close, but no... Wheelers is correct, but the suburb is wrong.

Germiston Wheelers were partners with another group from the first event in 1984, before the Rotary club got involved in 2002. It’s now known as the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic.

Close, but no... Wheelers is correct, but the suburb is wrong.

Germiston Wheelers were partners with another group from the first event in 1984, before the Rotary club got involved in 2002. It’s now known as the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic.

Damn.....should have got that

Interesting.Thanks

I haven't done it for a few years, but it was a lekker ride with full closure and only a few thousand riders. All in all n all a lekker day out....

Did it last year. Just as you say, a lekker ride, and not thousands of people. 

I reckon it's going to be tougher. I think the times will be slower. Those first few climbs is going to split up the groups and it will just be small groups all the way. I don't climb well and could always hang on with VA or racing tandems till at least witkoppen or cedar. Now I reckon I will still be dropped at a similar spot :blush:.

I do think that the race will be harder but the race a tat faster

lesser wheel suckers for most of the race. Kyalami to Summit road end will be really interesting

All that climbing in the 1st half of the race should be interesting.

Even if you can climb doesn’t mean you will be strong enough to stay away for the 2nd half of the race when the pace is fast & furious .

Should be fun.....????

Smash Suikerbossie a few times as training and you should be good to go for the first half  :thumbup:

Smash Suikerbossie a few times as training and you should be good to go for the first half  :thumbup:

A few times ????.... eeerrrr right ????

Suikerbossie, the pisswillie little incline in Cape Town or Suikerbosrand, the Gauteng killer ?

Archived