All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

Former rider at Saudi Tour 2022 this week - Jayde Bru, Kuwait Pro Cycling. Apologies for poor pic from my laptop, watching GCN plus.

He actually attacked kms from a finish that suits his profile as the peloton was slowing down before the wind-up.  Got gobbled up within minutes by the roleurs. Then again, WorldTour level, so small opportunity to showcase the team jersey.

E373E0FC-99E3-46A8-AC03-92B6E5F75B80.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Apple: CMD + Shift + 4

Windows: Windows button + Shift + S

image.png.92adc03e9de9a6af01754a4206e098a5.png

Isn’t it command-shift-3 

Maa’ dankie, Oom 😇

I suspect your day job involves paying attention to close details 

38 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Isn’t it command-shift-3 

Maa’ dankie, Oom 😇

I suspect your day job involves paying attention to close details 

You aren't wrong 'Dale; cmd+shift+3 gives a full screenshot.
cmd-shift-4 gives the option to select your own size screenshot, i.e. miss the peripheral stuff.

• 4 months later...

so what's happening here?

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/team-qhubeka-2022

PCS haven't even updated their social links.

running pro conti for '22 and building for something bigger in '23?

roster is nic dlamini, some africans and then mostly italians

doing some races here and there, currently at the Adriatica Ionica race, got an eritrean in the top20 on GC but he's still behind the 49 yr old Rebellin if that's any marker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeXvdGdIWT7/

they are in for Tour of Britain as the only largeish race coming up, and currently sit 110th in the total team rankings. This is lower than Protouch and even one behind the have you heard of it Toronto Hustle.

I suppose it is chicken and egg time. You need results to get sponsor money, but you need money to get the riders first. Wonder if Doug can pull another one out the bag here?

33 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

so what's happening here?

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/team-qhubeka-2022

PCS haven't even updated their social links.

running pro conti for '22 and building for something bigger in '23?

roster is nic dlamini, some africans and then mostly italians

doing some races here and there, currently at the Adriatica Ionica race, got an eritrean in the top20 on GC but he's still behind the 49 yr old Rebellin if that's any marker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeXvdGdIWT7/

they are in for Tour of Britain as the only largeish race coming up, and currently sit 110th in the total team rankings. This is lower than Protouch and even one behind the have you heard of it Toronto Hustle.

I suppose it is chicken and egg time. You need results to get sponsor money, but you need money to get the riders first. Wonder if Doug can pull another one out the bag here?

It was always chicken and egg time...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jakkals. said:

I dont know...it doesnt seem that africas team can get the best out of the riders..maybe we should let this dream go

Agree.  Louis stunning result and RjvR good support role at Soudal during the Tour supports what we suspected for some time now.  They only upside will be that a good few people will get employment for a short while.

1 hour ago, Underachiever said:

Agree.  Louis stunning result and RjvR good support role at Soudal during the Tour supports what we suspected for some time now.  They only upside will be that a good few people will get employment for a short while.

Can't say I agree. The team had an outstanding start and produced a successful number of seasons, unfortunately the latter seasons left much to be desired. That is professional sport, and life really, can't be at the top all of the time everytime. It's unfortunate that as they were getting back on their feet they were dealt blows by both the pandemic and a dodgy sponsorship deal.
The fact is that in a short time frame, 7 years is short. They put a number of African riders into the WT peloton and opened doors for many others in other job roles. 
Then there's been the backup that's often been quietly provided behind the scenes without fanfare/acknowledgment, que support cars for one of the world champs.
Sure, Ryder may not be everyone's type and the hype train not without reproach by a long shot. But if the 'only' upside is a good few people getting employment, then that's a win on it's own. 

Love him or hate him, one has to respect the tenacity and passion. Personally feel we would do well to have more of that than the **** talking a few others show.

EV,s and cycling is an excellent match .Tesla is not big on sponsorship and they do well in Europe already .I think such a team will be very much welcomed in the highest stakes of bike racing .Tesla is a household name in all European cities ,but they need something to push them further in that market

Not sure a new team will do any better than the old team. Take away Cavendish results and the team doesn't have much to show. Will be relegation fodder. 

Bring that money to SA and spend it on local development instead of providing a lifeline for some euro hasbeens.