Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Mixing riders of differing abilities at GSpot is like newbie riders pitching up for A batch at the Argust. Not at all safe!

I'd agree that it looks like he moved off course into the A-line which caused some confusion/ panic. Probably should have stuck to the easy line and Mariske would have come sailing past.

I'm amazed that he managed to roll the gap jump. Probably takes more skills than clearing it! They really need to build this feature into Zwift   :ph34r:

These things happen. I hope both are fit to ride comfortably tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvT9a25n7R0/

Relooking at that die Mariska loose it on the crest of the bump before they connected because she saw him falling or was she also already falling. 

It was a knob move on his part just to ride off, but it looks as if they both fell together, he may have taken her concentration off the line....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linus doesn't seem to like him either.

3743bfef1c847616e7cec3d1cb05d8c7.jpg

I'm glad Linus is taking up the fight. When I first saw the accident in the live feed I kinda jokingly thought "that must be the same plonker in the cyclelab kit who held up the ladies a few stages back. Then I saw Mariske's Instagram post and realised that it  IS the same plonker. 

Relooking at that die Mariska loose it on the crest of the bump before they connected because she saw him falling or was she also already falling. 

It was a knob move on his part just to ride off, but it looks as if they both fell together, he may have taken her concentration off the line....

Shes taking avoiding action. He's on the right line where there are two camelbumps

She's on the left where there's a trail bump, She takes off under complete control , he hits the brakes and loses his balance in mid air already. There's no "falling together" Thats creative story telling to justify one man's poor biking handling skill. He literally rams her out of the sky

I saw a photo of that Michele Casagrande crash. That must surely be the most embarrassing crash of the whole Epic so far. It seems he and his partner rode into each other as they tried to celebrate going over the line.  :blush: 

https://www.facebook.com/capeepic/photos/a.10157272386628319/10157272395023319/?type=3&theater

I know a team who, at the W2W finish some years ago, high-fived each other as they crossed the line........crashed and one broke his arm.  :(

One of the ladies teams also crashed across the finish line a few years back. One of the members broke her elbow

Shes taking avoiding action. He's on the right line where there are two camelbumps

She's on the left where there's a trail bump, She takes off under complete control , he hits the brakes and loses his balance in mid air already. There's no "falling together" Thats creative story telling to justify one man's poor biking handling skill. He literally rams her out of the sky

She should not have tried ot pass him there period. It was risky. She took the risk and failed.

They are on the Simonsberg trails now. Trails I have ridden many times, some of those in the Spur Classic races.

She should not have tried ot pass him there period. It was risky. She took the risk and failed.

he hit the brakes because he realised that he doesn't have the talent. Has nothing to do with taking a risk in over taking. Get the male bias out of your vision

He lost it and took Mariske out...simple as that .Accident but he should have checked if she was ok and apologised on the spot.Poepol of note

he hit the brakes because he realised that he doesn't have the talent. Has nothing to do with taking a risk in over taking. Get the male bias out of your vision

Looool, I was not expecting to laugh on a Sat morning quite like that.

Nobody is disputing that he took her out. But it is NOT his fault for falling or not having eyes in the back of his head. The rider approaching from behind is responsible for picking a safe time to overtake and/or warning the rider they are approaching. Don't come with your feminazi poo and try to read gender bias into anything. If I rode into the back of someone like that I would be at fault. period. She should have picked a more suitable time and place to overtake.

There is one line down, with few places to pass. There are a few places with obstacles that give B and sometimes C options - such as that one. Not overtaking there could result in being stuck behind a slow rider for long. She was probably held up for a while before that point. Racing incident, imo, no blame re. the crash.

The replays showing on TV does make the nobody look like a chop for getting up and riding on without a backward glance after taking out one of the lady contenders, though.

"Ou vrouens met nat broeke"

Oh my heavens.. arguing about an incident that happened yesterday while there was a stage on today..filled with some more drama..[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unfortunate for Trek with that fall and mechanical.. but 7c whatever they are called got a great stage win. Riders starting to look very tired...puffy eyes in the morning and def less chatty after the stage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Archived