Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Hahahahah sure sure.

I'm sorry but if you come up behind me and I crash while you're taking a sketchy line to try overtake me and your impatience is the reason you fall. Sorry for you. Yes, I'd stop to check you're OK. But don't blame me. The person in front in a singletrack has the right of way. Full stop on your full stop n kla

Jeez you can go on

You are wrong.Buggalugs lost control and veered across and took her out where there are more than one line.It was an accident but he caused it.That's not single track and he does not have right of way.Its a race.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez you can go on

You are wrong.Buggalugs lost control and veered across and took her out where there are more than one line.It was an accident but he caused it.That's not single track and he does not have right of way.Its a race.

You're one to talk about going on. He was in front, she attempted a silly overtaking maneuver. If she had waited, no problem. People fall, get over it.

BS You should get over it.It was not a silly maneuver.

Except that it was considering what she could see while coming up from behind ITO the trail and an obviously slower rider. Maybe not silly, rather risky then.

Edited by Thermophage

Yes David we get it you're a tjop

If you crash your bike into me and I fall as a result,then it's on you.

If you can't comprehend that then the problem is deeper than a poor attitude and bad manners

Who died and made you Gary Fisher? 

The drop out rate isn’t that high and the skill level doesn’t appear to have improved. The depth in the men’s field has certainly Been driven up a notch especially amongst the SA Pro elites.

The ladies field needs a a serious injection of members and quality. I don’t believe the likes of TREK can’t afford to send Emily and Jolanda, or CST American Eagle Jana.

Perhaps the superb coverage that teams received this year will incentivize other teams to send their riders down South to dangerous Africa and test their mettle in the Cape Epic.

It has to be really hectic now because even Nino used a dropper....

The drop out rate isn’t that high and the skill level doesn’t appear to have improved. The depth in the men’s field has certainly Been driven up a notch especially amongst the SA Pro elites.

The ladies field needs a a serious injection of members and quality. I don’t believe the likes of TREK can’t afford to send Emily and Jolanda, or CST American Eagle Jana.

Perhaps the superb coverage that teams received this year will incentivize other teams to send their riders down South to dangerous Africa and test their mettle in the Cape Epic.

think Sram is telling him to use it , doubt he needs it 

they just need more people to think they need Everb's

The Epic is small fry to those racing on world circuit.Most are only here as training.

I know it’s not what we want to hear but Epic is fairly insignificant to the rest of the world.

Sure it’s got UCI status but UCI points are low.320 points for winning team(160 to each rider)

That is equivalent to a 3rd place at a World Cup xco event.For sponsors to send teams over for more than a week to possibly get that little points is not worth it.

The xco circuit already costs them a packet.

Flip! Can we get back to what's important? Who's fault was Mariska's crash anyways? My fk Mariska!? Thermopyles! Stop your habberdashery. You prob don't even have a bike!

The Epic is small fry to those racing on world circuit.Most are only here as training.

I know it’s not what we want to hear but Epic is fairly insignificant to the rest of the world.

Sure it’s got UCI status but UCI points are low.320 points for winning team(160 to each rider)

That is equivalent to a 3rd place at a World Cup xco event.For sponsors to send teams over for more than a week to possibly get that little points is not worth it.

The xco circuit already costs them a packet.

I don’t know exactly how many paying teams are there, but it’s north of 500. At R75k a pop thats north of R37.5million in entry fees. With the caliber of sponsors on board like they do, how can the total prize money of R1.7 mil or 4.5% of the entry purse ever be enticing?

At R200k or Eur12k for the winning team (or per individual???), I think you are right, this is a training ride for the XCO elite.

I don’t know exactly how many paying teams are there, but it’s north of 500. At R75k a pop thats north of R37.5million in entry fees. With the caliber of sponsors on board like they do, how can the total prize money of R1.7 mil or 4.5% of the entry purse ever be enticing?

At R200k or Eur12k for the winning team (or per individual???), I think you are right, this is a training ride for the XCO elite.

Damn..I thought the prize money was more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can't believe the Meriska crash gets so much airtime. Why is it such a big deal? Get over it

I have a question regarding the African jersey. Why is there 1? Does the NZ Pioneer have a NZ jersey and the TransAlps a Europe jersey? Its almost embarrassing. It is like a statement saying we can't compete so lets have a jersey that only us can win. We have a few riders that can compete on the world circuit so no need for them to get a mercy jersey

Just my opinion