Gross boogers and your inventive solutions!

Booger relief - Your tactics  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with your runny nose / boogers while riding?

• The back of my glove is a great place to store kg's worth of mucus!
    • I carry a pack of wetwipes, two toilet rolls and nasal spray on the trail.
    • I close one nostril, shout "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" and go for distance with a good blast.
    • Snot-moustaches are A-OK in my book.
    • What has my life come to that I took the time to read option 1-4?

1 Allerway tablet daily. Snot rocket whenever you need to, normally just at the start of a ride. The allerway helps the nose acclimatise to the adverse/fresh conditions. I've been suffering from hayfever and sinus issues for years and this helps me tremendously. All the best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once veered off to let one loose, heard the guy behind me yell "ahh, you just spat in my eye!"; apparently he'd followed my wheel.

I did apologise, but should I have let him know it was from my nose?

I get it bad sometimes as well, only way is to fall back in the bunch to clear your nose but then you have riders thinking you losing wheel and screaming at you. 

My nose is just not designed for a snot rocket. I have what I can only describe as a lipped lining around the inside of my nostrils. It results in a most god awful mess of slime on my upper lip, cheek and chin. No matter how much I try or practice. Just doesn't work out.

I opt for the good old hoch and spit.

I thought you were talking about those guys who catch waves lying down!

The shame.....

The thread was gross, but now you have crossed a line. Boogie boarding, gross man!! You should have a good hard look at yourself.

Right hand on right nostril, tilt head to the left... blow hard

great advice.......and the other side????

Flo-nase - 2 puffs in each nostril 20 min before the ride.

How would this compare to a saline solution, like Salex?

Nothing worse than constant sniffers. FML. I'll either attack off the front or drop off the back to avoid riding next to a sniffer/snorter.

So i'm bombing down the single track both hands tightly gripping  the bars " snot running down my nose " by Jethro tull echoing in my head .As the Snot from both nostrils gravity aided steams down my face.

And the 5th option comes up :

do you lick and spit or just let it slide.

I once veered off to let one loose, heard the guy behind me yell "ahh, you just spat in my eye!"; apparently he'd followed my wheel.

I did apologise, but should I have let him know it was from my nose?

noooooooo  :w00t:

I can't do a snot rocket and am jealous of all of you with anatomically correct noses that can.

My nose has been broken three times.

Although I am quite good at gobbing, sometimes onto silent wheel suckers on a morning commute.

They were all accidental. Honestly...

Edit: pointless bracketing.

Nothing worse than constant sniffers. FML. I'll either attack off the front or drop off the back to avoid riding next to a sniffer/snorter.

I'd be sniffing big time so as not to have to ride in a group with you.

Archived