To angry man riding past Blairgowrie Primary this morning…

Barry Stuart

Dude, you really need to ascertain the amount of stress in your life. You booked it straight over a zebra crossing, swerving around some young children in the process, whilst the juniors were holding up the STOP TRAFFIC lollipop signs. You have no idea how many demerit points those kids get if another pre-schooler is run over on their watch.

Sure, it could have been a mistake in a moment of panicked confusion as you glanced at your Garmin for a Strava Live update, but that doesn't explain why you spat a loud "****YOU!" at the mother who was stopped, waiting for the kids to cross and who brazenly offended your very precious sensibilities by putting her arms in the air. An action we can all agree is far more perilous to society than nearly ending the terms of a group of 7-year-olds.

The worst part of it was that your buddy was still about 20 metres behind you and had to meekly negotiate the thick cloud of hatred towards cyclists that you left in your wake. Honestly, who does that to a riding partner?

Get home tonight, sit on the couch, have a beer, listen to some calming music and try and be a better person tomorrow because by 7:30 this morning you managed to wreck any hope of achieving that today.

Edited by Barry Stuart

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must add to this,

Go and run the spruit on the weekend, when I run I greet almost everyone(and definitely every single dog)

most runners reply with a nod or a wave or a howsit.

If you lucky roughly 1/3rd of mtb riders reply, most just charge on and ignore you clearly strava (w)ankering their way through life.

If you go for a cycle on the spruit:

you will get a reply from almost all mtb riders except the true die hard strava (w)ankers, 

The number of runners that will reply stays the same.

Cyclists treat runners and people on foot the same way cars treat cyclists, it is a sad truth.

Edited by dave303e

Is bikehub now a dear diary?

Yes? If this isnt the place to vent and discuss **** like this, then where do you suggest? There are a boatload of other topics you could comment on if this one isn't your speed.

Alternatively, you could start a new topic in Chit chat or cycling safety titled; "Am I the Box?"

Yes? If this isnt the place to vent and discuss **** like this, then where do you suggest? There are a boatload of other topics you could comment on if this one isn't your speed.

Alternatively, you could start a new topic in Chit chat or cycling safety titled; "Am I the Box?"

Huh?

Did you have too much coffee this morning?

Don't attack me and call me names in the same breath as saying someone else is a nasty person for being aggressive and saying rude things to people.

Maybe YOU should look at the stress in your life as the OP suggested? 

Alternatively have a giggle, read Adrian Mole and drink some chamomile tea.

Or was it you and you're trying to deflect? (again, asking for a friend)

I'm sure the young girl he nearly hit was only crying because of how emotional she felt being so close to greatness.

:w00t:

hahahahaha

Is bikehub now a dear diary?

Asking for a friend

It's just like a diary. But with kudos and passive aggression. So much better than a diary.

Roadies

"Roadies

He was on a mountain bike. In his defence, he looked super professionally kitted out."

OOOOOOps lol ^_^  ^_^

see you dont have to be a dick to be a roadie.. but it helps :whistling: